Thread: GM connect and cruise

Tuner in Training

GM connect and cruise

Hello boys and girls. I have installed two GM LS3/480 connect and cruise packages in two cars I have built. my issue with both systems is that they idle too low to spin the alternator fast enough not to discharge the battery at a heavy load. I bought overdrive pulleys on the alternators but that only helped slightly. so, is there a way to get into the programing and bump the idle up from the 500rpms its at to say like 750 rpms?

This software can change idle settings and anything else you can think of.

I just have no idea what they give you with what you bought, I'd just assume it's a LS3 computer or something from a car that came with that motor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Is there some kind of way to figure out what kind of computer it is?

Can you even reflash their computer? I thought they were locked.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

The Chevrolet Performance (formerly GMPP) "Connect & Cruise" systems use the E67 ECM. Adjustments to their calibration may be accomplished using HPT.

Quote Originally Posted by HartRod View Post
    Can you even reflash their computer? I thought they were locked.
    They are not locked, but HPT was not able to tune them until recently, the last 2 revisions?

Senior Tuner
    HPT couldn't license them in the past...but they can now. You can adjust them, you just need to wire in an OBD2 port (if one isn't present in the harness already) so that you can plug in your HPTuners cable.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Well the one I'm working on does have an OBD port, but won't let me connect through it. It has a separate three wire can connector wired to a USB cable. tried connecting through that but no luck. Any clue what I need to do to connect and tune?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector12 View Post
    Well the one I'm working on does have an OBD port, but won't let me connect through it. It has a separate three wire can connector wired to a USB cable. tried connecting through that but no luck. Any clue what I need to do to connect and tune?
    Use the OBD2 Port to connect to the ECM. If you have an automatic transmission package, you use the USB to connect to the TCM in conjunction with GM's transmission software package.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Use the OBD2 Port to connect to the ECM. If you have an automatic transmission package, you use the USB to connect to the TCM in conjunction with GM's transmission software package.
    Ok well it does not recognize anything when connected to the OBD2 says to plug in the cable, but it is plugged in tried many times to un plug and reconnect etc.. the box is getting power cause its lighting up etc...I've got an original Pro version cable that I've had for years and its never had problems reading any vehicle before. Yes it does have an auto 4L70 trans but the three wire USB says CAN connection. and when connected to it nothing happens at all.