Thread: I need some "support", bill, with some issues 😁

Tuner

I need some "support", bill, with some issues 😁

Bill, I recently purchased the MPVI2(with Pro Features--$549.00) as well as a new Windows computer ($250) and need some company support with some issues on my vehicle. I've "reached out" to you through several posts and also wrote you a personal letter describing the issues and have not heard back from you. I am a beginner and have searched the tutorials as well as the knowledge base for solutions to the issues I am facing and also queried the forum members but have only gained various snippets of info. As an "old timer" at HP, I would appreciate some clear and step-by-step directions in how to use the VCM Suite to straighten things out on my car. Thank you very much !
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately we do not offer direct guidance on how to tune your vehicle, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Oh, that's disappointing, Bill. Are there any resources you could recommend and being there such a long time, are there any tuning shops near me that you or your colleagues could recommend ? Thanks !

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sorry off the top of my head I don't know of any tunershops in VT, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDesna View Post
    Bill, I recently purchased the MPVI2(with Pro Features--$549.00) as well as a new Windows computer ($250) and need some company support with some issues on my vehicle. I've "reached out" to you through several posts and also wrote you a personal letter describing the issues and have not heard back from you. I am a beginner and have searched the tutorials as well as the knowledge base for solutions to the issues I am facing and also queried the forum members but have only gained various snippets of info. As an "old timer" at HP, I would appreciate some clear and step-by-step directions in how to use the VCM Suite to straighten things out on my car. Thank you very much !

No automotive tuning software includes any sort of step by step instruction or manual.

Anyone who has used Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is aware that this popular software, also does not include step by step instructions.

The end user is required to self educate or obtain third party support - via books, videos, or classes.

There are many options available.

Below is a link to the Tuning School - specifically their Dodge related offerings.

https://thetuningschool.com/collections/dodge-tuning

Most people on this forum are self taught - and it takes hundreds of hours to get anywhere near good at it.

Tuner
    Thanks, Mr. Shrek. That was very helpful. I'll check it out. It's just so frustrating when the answer to what you want to fix is right in front of you but you can't see it because you don't have to knowledge to recognize it. ��

I have several resources as well. Honesty, you need to be familiar with some of the underlying principles to understand what most of the tables in HPT mean (and which one should or should not touch!). My books on Amazon are a cheap and easy place to start. Beyond that, we have a ton of reliable info on our streaming site. Some of the streaming videos are even free.

Tuner
    Thanks, Greg. You're right about everything you said and I'll look into your resources.