Thread: Am I making progress?

Tuner in Training

Am I making progress?

I have a 2013 gen4-5.3 and 6L80 from a suburban swapped into my 2010 Jeep Wrangler. I have put on over 15000 miles since the swap and using the basic tune from John at Overland Perfromance and I have been learning HPtuners with hopes of making it better.

The Jeep starts and runs great and has plenty of power but I have been hoping to improve mileage as it seems to get 13mpg in town or out on the highway on long trips even driving it nice.
    I have the MAF dialed in perfectly and went on to VE tuning and wanted to see if anyone could verify that I am moving in the correct direction based on the first log, tune file and then the log after tuning the ve tables.

If anyone can spare a little time to look at these and give feedback I would appreciate it.
    Thank you

Jeff

From the logs your air fuel ratios are fine, so at first glance it seems fine, where are you getting your MPG data, are you calculating at fill up or is the info from your dash, if it is from your dash (I am not sure how the GM stuff interfaces with the Jeep dash but I am just brainstorming here) I would think the issue lies in either how it interfaces and the data is just wrong, or your speedo settings need to be calibrated in your ECM for what I imagine is new gear ratios and tires sizes, it could just be miscalculating how many miles you are driving and therefore you MPG reading would be wrong.

Tuner in Training
    No sir, I know the dash info is off, I ignore that. I use an app on my phone called "acar" that I track fill ups and miles traveled, I'm pretty sure it is accurate. I have the proper size tires added and the GPS speedometer matches what the ECU and speedo reports. I have attached the latest log, I think I am getting the VVE close and should probably just call it good. I did use the bluecat tool to tune the trans and it shifts nice and has no bad tendencies.

Maybe that is the best it will do it's just that I am sure the suburban that this combo came out of did better and it was probably heavier than the Jeep it's in now.
    Thank you for taking a look and commenting.
    Jeff
    exvetry9.hpl
    Last edited by chipflyer; 07-27-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Dang, having no luck getting the log file to upload, sorry about that.