Thread: new to the tuning world

Potential Tuner

new to the tuning world

what good guys, I am new to tuning and i would like for someone to look over my tune and see if i did something wrong. i have a 2000 silverado with long tube headers, cold air intake, underdrive crank pulley, and a low lift cam. any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    tune 2000 sil.hpt

Data logs will tell more than the tune in many cases.

You'll need to do changes to the MAF and VE for the cam and long tube changes. So a wideband is required for that. Don't be surprised if you don't have big enough injectors either. Timing is safe for starters, while you get things squared away, it'll probably be in the low 20's for good power when you are done.

Also shifting a stock 4L60e at 6,600rpm will make it want to grenade pretty fast. Keep the first gear shift below 6,000rpm if you want it to last.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thank you for taking your time to look this over. im still trying to work on my tune file. once i get more work done one it ill scan and save a mid throttle pull and post it see what you think. once again thank you

Potential Tuner
    so i been reading a lot on the ve tune and I believe I might have done something wrong.ve scan 2000 silv.hpl