Thread: Turbo truck getting reduce engine power light

Tuner

Turbo truck getting reduce engine power light

04 silverado, turbo truck has 80lb deka injectors, trying to dial in wot and as soon as i i go over 50percent throttle the reduce engine power comes on with no codes, im posting the tune see if anyone can pin point whats causing it, maybe the ve table im going to high in it, wideband still says i need more fuel up top
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting a log of the issue will help us a lot too.

I can't look at the tune right now but are you running the VE only? Do you have a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor and have you changed the OS to 2 or 3 bar? If not, yes, you are running off the VE table as the stock table and sensor only go to 1 bar.

Tuner
    yes ve only and 3bar map sensor, and os is 3bar,

Tuner
    ill try to get a log later today, truck runs good up to the point of getting reduce engine power

Senior Tuner
    When it goes into REP, it'll store a DTC that will indicate what is causing the issue. Next time it does it, scan it and see what codes are stored.

Tuner
    thats the thing it doesnt pop a code the only codes is for maf failed wich is speed density

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtex15 View Post
    thats the thing it doesnt pop a code the only codes is for maf failed wich is speed density
    That tells me that it's likely a DTC that you've changed from default settings to No Error Reported. Just go down the list and compare to the stock settings.
    Possibly the P0068 DTC that's been changed.

I would also change the Max Delta Airflow table to 2032, instead of 0.
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 07-27-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Tuner
    let me try that, ill let ya know thanks

Tuner
    i was able to do a log, and yes the code p0068 comes on. how would i be able to fix that
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    i was able to do a log, and yes the code p0068 comes on. how would i be able to fix that
    There have been a few applications that I've had to scale the VE and Injector tables in order to fix this issue.

Tuner
    i scaled the injectors by 20 percent and the ve table, this seemed to help alot but now my injector duty cycle get s around 98 percent, could it be not enough fuel, it has one walbro 450 in the tank, using stock regulator,

i scaled the injectors by 20 percent and the ve table, this seemed to help alot but now my injector duty cycle get s around 98 percent, could it be not enough fuel, it has one walbro 450 in the tank, using stock regulator,
    80lb injectors and that pump should easily be able to support what that setup can make on gasoline, are you running E85?

Tuner
    On 93,, gonna replace the stock fuel regulator with an after market one see if that helps,, also could it be wrong injector data?

Tuner in Training
    You're hitting the max airflow limit. You need to bring the ETC max airflow table up, ran into this as well with my first turbo P59 setup. Easy fix

Engine diag > airflow > calc airmass table top left corner. You can max that whole table out for now to get by, but it works as a good overboost protection when the tune is dialed in.
    Last edited by tyeler18; 07-27-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Okay I have your tune open, first of all injector data.

I believe I have found your injectors, part number FI114991, can you confirm this? They are deka 80lb injectors for US cars. http://www.usa.vdo.com/media/747302/...-worksheet.pdf

[ECM] 12311 Injector flow rate vs KPA you have it set at 80lb/hr all the way across, that should be fine if you have stock fuel pressure of 43.5 which you should have on stock regulator but maybe it is worth putting a gauge on there to confirm. I am not familiar with the Gen 3 stock fuel pressure regulators, can they still regulate correctly under boost, maybe aftermarket regulator is a good idea, it is possible it can't compensate for boost and your fuel pressure is dropping and this is causing your issues and high duty cylcle.

If I have the correct injector data then your tune is off, your offsets in ECM [12310] are incorrect, they look to be about double what they should be, your min injector pulse width is still stock whereas it should be 1.322 according to the data I found. You need to confirm which injectors you have and then make sure the correct data is entered. This should require retuning your airflow but if it isn't done you will get all kinds of weirdness in your tune.
    Last edited by BigTuner; 07-27-2021 at 04:40 PM.

I also see your max airflow limits are already maxed out at 4.1 g/s, this is a huge number so I see no reason you should be exceeding this limit, from your log I calculated your max cylinder airmass as only 0.9 g/s. You Maximum Delta Airflow ECM [14020] is however zeroed out, I do not know if this disables the diagnostics, maybe try maxing this out for now and see if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by BigTuner; 07-27-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Eng diagnostics,airflow
    P106max

Don't max these out. Enter expected boost at 100% thro and rpm scaling down to 2400 31%

Pretty much same for 14040.

Numbers too high in lower cells will create no start.
    Last edited by mrcanby; 07-29-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Senior Tuner
    On 93,, gonna replace the stock fuel regulator with an after market one see if that helps,, also could it be wrong injector data?
    I suspect the fuel pump just isn't keeping up. You have plenty of injector to feed this combo on pump gas. Typical values for the VE table would be in the 100-120 range. Yours is double that.