Thread: changing from 2bar map to 3bar on hellcat

Tuner in Training

changing from 2bar map to 3bar on hellcat

I have question for you thats in the know...my hellcats putting out 17lbs. of boost I'm thinking about going to a 3bar map is that something I need to do or not?And if so do all four map's have to be changed?If they do I guess I'll have to figure out what in the tune that will to change also. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I have used the search but cant seems to find the info. on the map's or what all has to be changed....or should say what I really using common sense to be changed

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrooker View Post
    I have question for you thats in the know...my hellcats putting out 17lbs. of boost I'm thinking about going to a 3bar map is that something I need to do or not?And if so do all four map's have to be changed?If they do I guess I'll have to figure out what in the tune that will to change also. Thanks
    If you upgrade to a 3-bar setup you will need all 4 map sensors. Changes in the tune are necessary and they will have to be properly scaled. The standard 2-bar map sensor can read 14.7psi of boost so anything above that the map cannot see.

Tuner in Training
    I was thinking that also...but now I have find what to do in my tune simple huh....lol sure miss the point's and plug days