Thread: LB7 changes for SAC 45's

Advanced Tuner

LB7 changes for SAC 45's

Looks like my inj are on the way out again. I'm seriously sick of the POS original design so looking at new SAC 45's. For a federal LB7 M6, any thoughts on what I would have to do as far as inj timing (or anything else) to account for the 30-45% increase in inj output?

I've done a lot of searching, and so far haven't found anything concrete.

Thanks
    1996 Camaro SS M6 - 24X conversion - stock bottom end - heads - shorty headers - 58mm TB
    Ultradyne 230/238 .565/.565 112+4 - 30 LB red top SVO injectors - LOTS of suspension...

2002 GMC 2500 HD Duramax M6 - Just starting the tune on a stock motor now that I have a good clutch on order...

I'm not expert
    Back in the day I put 30% in my 5.9 and didn't do a thing and it ran fine. From memory the 30% is at max pressure, so down lower in the PSI/Flow areas of your tune I don't think it will be as much of an issue as you might be thinking.

I did recently help a guy with an LB7 that went with bigger injectors and a turbo upgrade and it ran fine without any adjustments. I started playing with it but he limped his trans so I actually de-tuned it until he can get the trans done.
    Small pulse width reduction from mid range all the way up keeps him from limp mode, didn't touch timing at all and it runs fine.

I'm not sure there is a concrete method. I would just start as if the injectors were stock (as mentioned I think it will be pretty good from the start) Some people like to increase the pressure a lot and pulse width a little. Others prefer small pressure adjustments and hit the pulse width hard, from there you can optimize timing for your setup.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer