Thread: Newbie a bit Lost

Newbie a bit Lost

Hey everyone, I'm hoping I'm not wasting anyone's time posting this especially if it's been answered already.

So I have a 2013 2ss/rs camaro with the L99 and I just installed SE long tube headers,and new plugs and wires, and went in and disabled the rear o2's or at least I think I did. I'm still showing the perm DTC'S and after logging it for about 15 minutes the car just died on me a long with the transmission hesitating going into gear. I'm running the headers through the stock exhaust back to my aftermarket axle back exhaust. Not sure if that means anything. I did notice that I still have the 2 credits that the tuner came with. I did get something logged and saved if it helps. I'm just lost and could use a point in the right direction. Thanks for any help!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

you have a Gen IV ecm so technically this is the wrong forum but regardless, permanent codes will remain forever until the ecm sees the issue is resolved. since the codes tripped before you disabled them and the issue will never be "fixed" due to the headers, etc, the codes will never go away. permanent codes do not turn on the cel. they are just shadows in the background reminding you about your past.

the dying issue could be anything, install error or tuning needs.

+1 it could be a lot of things first double check your spark plugs for cracks seems to happen often and your plug wires just to make sure they fully seat.

Thanks for the replies guys and sorry posting in here. I thought that having a gen 5 camaro this is where I was suppose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by truckdriver1968 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys and sorry posting in here. I thought that having a gen 5 camaro this is where I was suppose to be.
    No worries you figure your problem out?