Thread: Hard throttle power/timing dip during gear shift

Tuner

Hard throttle power/timing dip during gear shift

Hello all,
    I have an 09 Base Vette; LS3, A6, with A&A kit and meth. I've noticed the major timing dip during gear shift, which I've learned is TM pulling power to save the trans during shift.
    Question I have is if there's a way to decrease the amount of timing and/or TM being pulled during shift and how much to change it without killing the trans?

Anyone have experience/advice on this? I searched around but couldn't find anything conclusive.

HW-quickThrottleRepro.hplMy-C6-SC-Meth5.hpt

TIA,
    Pj

The base minimum spark table is what you'd want to change. Someone already changed some of the table.

I would want at least -10 degrees of timing on the shift if the engine makes a lot of power. Unless the transmission is actually built to handle the abuse. I would revise your current table to lessen the timing pull at part throttle so it's less but then make it pull more timing during a wide open throttle shift.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Cool, thanks a lot. I'll check out that table.

Pj

Tuner
    Adjusted the final min spark base and TM tables. Weird, it does feel a lot less of a nose dive during the shift but log shows timing pulls similar to what I was seeing before, although the most it pulled was -5*.
    What do you think?

TIA,
    Pj

My-C6-SC-Meth6-MinTiming.hptHW2-NewMinTimingPull.hpl

Tuner
    Does the new table look ok? Anyone? Unfortunately, I can't find any examples to compare with.

After more searching I did learn the that reason log shows no less the -5* is because that's what I set the min TM spark table to...

Thanks,
    Pj
    Last edited by pjs; 08-05-2021 at 03:03 PM.