Thread: Flame Tune

Tuner

Flame Tune

Hey all. I realize this isn't for everyone, so my flame suit is on (see what I did there? haha).

I have a nice burble tune on my C7, but I would like to get it to shoot fire once in a while when it pops. I have it set up so that it'll do the pops in a certain RPM range on decel as it transitions to DFCO. Sounds awesome, but I want some more theater (flames). How can I go about this? I realize that conceptually, I need to richen it up while decelerating and transitioning to fuel cut, but I can't figure out how to do it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I attached my tune in case you'd like to take a look. The car is basically a max effort/stock blower build. Ported heads, cam, pullies, and flex fuel.
    Cammed Burble Tune 2.0.hpt

Tuner
    Bumping this thread. I think in theory all I need to do is get it to pull more timing on decel, but I can't seem to get it to do that. The torque management system on Gen 5 vehicles makes it tricky. You can't simply edit the high octane table and put -30 degrees (or some really low value) in there because the torque management system will fight you and add timing back in. I actually made a video documenting the procedure for creating a burble tune on the Gen 5 platform. It works great and gives tons of pops and cracks, but no flames:

https://youtu.be/mVE5AgcmpP4

So far, I seem to be bottoming out at -13 degrees of timing on deceleration. I have my minimums set to -30 so that's not inhibiting anything. I tried a few things since I made this post:

- Lowering the 0% throttle row in driver demand quite a bit to command a lot less torque when not on the gas (didn't seem to do much of anything)
    - Increasing the max torque delta and torque loss parameters in the spark smoothing algorithm (no noticeable difference)
    - Disabling DFCO (this did nothing except make the pops go on forever...still bottomed out at -13 degrees)
    - Lowered the 0.08 and 0.12 airmass rows of the high octane spark table (decel is at 0.12 airmass typically according to my logs. I thought that if torque management is pulling a fixed amount, lowering the starting point would yield a lower final spark....but unfortunately this is not the case)
    - Lowered the Immediate and Predicted Decrease tables under the Driver Demand section (this just made the car reach the floor of -13 degrees faster, but it still didn't go below that)

Any help with this would be appreciated. I'm starting to wonder if there are additional tables in the Gen 5 ECU that aren't exposed to us that could be of use. I realize this is probably a low priority for HP Tuners, as the only point of pulling this much timing is for theatrical purposes, but I'd really appreciate any help figuring this out.

Potential Tuner
    what years are supported with this tune? im new and have never done anything with tuning.

Tuner
    I'm trying to make it richer in deceleration, I tried to play with many things but with no benefits, If I figure it out I'll let you know.
    Abdulaziz T Hadi - E-mail: [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by M3T1 View Post
    Bumping this thread. I think in theory all I need to do is get it to pull more timing on decel, but I can't seem to get it to do that. The torque management system on Gen 5 vehicles makes it tricky. You can't simply edit the high octane table and put -30 degrees (or some really low value) in there because the torque management system will fight you and add timing back in. I actually made a video documenting the procedure for creating a burble tune on the Gen 5 platform. It works great and gives tons of pops and cracks, but no flames:

https://youtu.be/mVE5AgcmpP4

So far, I seem to be bottoming out at -13 degrees of timing on deceleration. I have my minimums set to -30 so that's not inhibiting anything. I tried a few things since I made this post:

- Lowering the 0% throttle row in driver demand quite a bit to command a lot less torque when not on the gas (didn't seem to do much of anything)
    - Increasing the max torque delta and torque loss parameters in the spark smoothing algorithm (no noticeable difference)
    - Disabling DFCO (this did nothing except make the pops go on forever...still bottomed out at -13 degrees)
    - Lowered the 0.08 and 0.12 airmass rows of the high octane spark table (decel is at 0.12 airmass typically according to my logs. I thought that if torque management is pulling a fixed amount, lowering the starting point would yield a lower final spark....but unfortunately this is not the case)
    - Lowered the Immediate and Predicted Decrease tables under the Driver Demand section (this just made the car reach the floor of -13 degrees faster, but it still didn't go below that)

Any help with this would be appreciated. I'm starting to wonder if there are additional tables in the Gen 5 ECU that aren't exposed to us that could be of use. I realize this is probably a low priority for HP Tuners, as the only point of pulling this much timing is for theatrical purposes, but I'd really appreciate any help figuring this out.
    Do you still have the primary cars on the car and a muffler? May have to lose at least the CATS for flames

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by M3T1 View Post
    Hey all. I realize this isn't for everyone, so my flame suit is on (see what I did there? haha).

I have a nice burble tune on my C7, but I would like to get it to shoot fire once in a while when it pops. I have it set up so that it'll do the pops in a certain RPM range on decel as it transitions to DFCO. Sounds awesome, but I want some more theater (flames). How can I go about this? I realize that conceptually, I need to richen it up while decelerating and transitioning to fuel cut, but I can't figure out how to do it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I attached my tune in case you'd like to take a look. The car is basically a max effort/stock blower build. Ported heads, cam, pullies, and flex fuel.
    Cammed Burble Tune 2.0.hpt
    Hey bro is there anyway I get get your email id like to talk to you about you burble tune you have