Thread: 15 GT Whipple 132mm throttle closing at part throttle

15 GT Whipple 132mm throttle closing at part throttle

Hey guys,

Got a weird situation, tuning this 15 5.0 manual car, after a flash the car starts and idles fine, first press of the throttle is crisp nothing weird but every subsequent throttle press is delayed. you can go like 1/2 throttle and the rpms will slowly climb and all of a sudden climb fast. No codes, nothing pending. I've been upside down and sideways with throttle area/predicted and driver demand table with no luck. here are a couple of logs of it 2 are just hitting the throttle sitting still in neutral and waiting one is holding 3k steady state before a hit and rolling into the throttle, the car stalled because of the closing throttle but you can see it open as i got deeper on the pedal.

lazy throttle 2.hpllazy throttle.hpl15 mustang whipple tb issues 4.hptthrottle closing 3.hpl

Sound like Whipple's security is locking the throttle.

Send you stock Whipple read to hptuners support and ask them to patch the security.

Its not on a whipple tune.

Still no luck...anyone have any ideas?

what mods are on the car?

Whipple gen5 3.85 pulley, 132mm tb, ID1050x, boost-a-pump, long tubes.

nothing wrong with TB ?
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Is the throttle body for a 2015-17 or and 2018+?

It appears to be commanded, not dropping any codes. I have to assume its for the right year, it came in the kit. Any way to identify?