Thread: 05 silverado p59 ecm security

05 silverado p59 ecm security

hey guys ive got a 05 silverado im tuning on and i pulled the tune made changes and went to write the new changes and the security light luminates and dings and it stops the writing process has anyone ever ran across this before now the truck wont start at all the starter wont even click i can write about 20% of thetune the light will luminate then it stops writing and times out wth?

Sounds like a bricked PCM. Can you get data from it? As in scanning? If not your last shot would be to see if someone has TLC and an MDI2 can do a factory program on it. If that fails unfortunately
    if you have good powers and grounds you have a bad PCM/ECM

Do you have an aftermarket alarm or radio?

If you do, remove the fuses to them and write it again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    It's a common issue on the 03-06 models. Just like 5FDP indicated, pull the radio fuse if it has an aftermarket radio. If it still doesn't write, uncheck the high speed write option and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Do you have an aftermarket alarm or radio?

If you do, remove the fuses to them and write it again.
    Dang totally forgot about that. Have run into that WAY too many times.

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get this resolved??

I?m having the same issue right now on a 2004 Vortec 5.3

Pulling the radio amp fuse and unchecking Use High Speed got the read completed, but got the infamous Controller Unlocker: Timed Out error message when trying to write the flash (and truck won?t start).

How to resolve this??

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by _Bowser_ View Post
    Did you ever get this resolved??

I?m having the same issue right now on a 2004 Vortec 5.3

Pulling the radio amp fuse and unchecking Use High Speed got the read completed, but got the infamous Controller Unlocker: Timed Out error message when trying to write the flash (and truck won?t start).

How to resolve this??
    Make sure the battery voltage is good. There have been several occasions that required me to pull the computer and tune it on my benchtop harness on those models.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    It's a common issue on the 03-06 models. Just like 5FDP indicated, pull the radio fuse if it has an aftermarket radio. If it still doesn't write, uncheck the high speed write option and try again.
    Very much.. I do see it with factory radios too. I pull radio and radio amp fuses in underhood fuse block.

I've had some that flat out won't read even on a bench. Vettes were never that way with the same ECM.. Just a truck/suv thing. H2's and a bunch of H3's are like that too come to think of it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential of 5 fuses to remove.
    1. Radio
    2. Radio Amp
    3. Info
    4. SEO B1
    5. SEO Ign
    These all contribute to Com errors

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I r already pulled the radio, radio amp and info fuses, I?ll also pull those two SEO fuses too.

I was able to read my ECU, but got the dreaded Controller Unlocker: Timed Out error during the write, now my truck won?t start (even after disconnecting the battery).

Is my ECU bricked? Or is it possible the write will go through successfully?

Tuner in Training
    Voltage is good, but I?ll put it on a trickle charger to top it off as well.

Can I try writing while connected to a trickle charger?

Quote Originally Posted by _Bowser_ View Post
    Voltage is good, but I?ll put it on a trickle charger to top it off as well.

Can I try writing while connected to a trickle charger?
    There is only ONE charger that I will connect the battery to for programming. Otherwise it is always just a regular charged Optima I use as a jumper.

https://www.midtronics.com/diagnosti...rs/gr8-series/