Thread: Pairing Nag1 TCU with aftermarket shifter

Potential Tuner

Pairing Nag1 TCU with aftermarket shifter

Hi guys! I own a 2007 GC SRT8 wk1 jeep. So my shifter plate whent bad, seems like a small issue but it is not ... im like one month without car now.
    So firs of all i was trying to by a new original shifter, but the problem is that its hard to find them on the market as production has been discontinued a while ago. Used one doesn't seems to be a good option as this part was problematic from the factory.
    So i give a call to my shop , asking for solution, and the answer was given - you have to change ECU ...Hi guys! I own a 2007 GC SRT8 wk1 jeep. So my shifter plate whent bad, seems like a small issue but it is not ... im like one month without car now.
    So firs of all i was trying to by a new original shifter, but the problem is that its hard to find them on the market as production has been discontinued a while ago. Used one doesn't seems to be a good option as this part was problematic from the factory.
    So i give a call to my shop , asking for solution, and the answer was given - you have to change ECU ... so i scratch my head and start researching this issue in the web.
    1. What i understand is - my shifter plate is giving commands to the TCU , and they are paired in a such a way so no other shifter will fit
    2. There are no aftermarket TCU solutions for nag1 , which will support other shifters

Main question =)
    Is it possible to tune nag1 TCU in order to connect aftermarket shifter ?
    Or advice any other solutions please so i scratch my head and start researching this issue in the web.
    1. What i understand is - my shifter plate is giving commands to the TCU , and they are paired in a such a way so no other shifter will fit
    2. There are no aftermarket TCU solutions for nag1 , which will support other shifters

Main question =)
    Is it possible to tune nag1 TCU in order to connect aftermarket shifter ?
    Or advice any other solutions please

I've seen a couple different transmission control modules. And I believe I've seen someone using a B&M shifter and manual valve body. Here's a link to one of the control modules both of them are on this site I believe.
    https://highhorseperformance.com/hem...um-htptcm6061/