Thread: 2006 gt down shifting question

Tuner

2006 gt down shifting question

got a gt that was tuned at another shop several years ago. brought it to me to fix a few things. I figured out the startup flareup. but the the other thing they were wanting to fix is, if your cruising at say 45 to 50 and its in overdrive it doesnt shift directly to 3rd when you punch it. it downshifts to 4th holds a second then into 3rd. by that time it cant stay in 3rd and drops in for less than 2 seconds and shifts back into 4th. From everything i have read the last 2 days, i only found one person that said something about, it shifts like that no matter what. Is this true there is no changing that or is it something in the 5r55s that is not right?

Never got this problem.
    There are shif patterns for 5-3.
    Torque reduction?
    Maybe the shift tables are not set correctly.

Tuner
    may have found it. i kept looking at the torque management 5-3. there is also a 5-3 under desired upshift time. they had all zero in it and the 4-3. maybe thatll straighten it out.
    thanks

Tuner
    ok so it shifts better now. but it uncovered something else. when at WOT the pedal shows 100% but its only commanding 36% and then just before it shifts goes to 76% on tps and 100% on the actuator. Its only when in gear and doesnt matter if traction control is on or off. p/n it shows 100% on pedal and 76% on tps

machster step1.hpt

same.hpl

No time for that now.
    I send you my old file, it has a 3.73 gear and a tci 2500 stall , it shifts perfectly under all conditions.shifttccnew_fuel_tcc_speed.hpt
    Last edited by f.creek-ranch; 08-09-2021 at 04:27 AM.