Thread: Lope tune times out after 2mins

Lope tune times out after 2mins

Ive been tinkering with a lope tune as a request for a friend and have got a pretty nice stable 800rpm dashpot lope going but after about 2mins it'll time out and go back to 0 and 0 on the cam gears. Anyone got any tips on this? All the sources stay the same which i thought was odd as the distance tables are all set to 0 for FE, Best Drivability and Optimal stability. IE they are set to -30 intake 30 exhaust at MP0.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 08-06-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Distance tables aren't obeyed at idle with torque based decel disabled unless in emissions reduction mode, which is the mode Ford uses on the Boss red key cals to have a lopey idle and dashpot control. Unfortunately, HPTuners doesn't have the parameters defined to keep the car in emissions reduction mode at all times at idle so torque based decel has to stay enabled for a lopey idle to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Distance tables aren't obeyed at idle with torque based decel disabled unless in emissions reduction mode, which is the mode Ford uses on the Boss red key cals to have a lopey idle and dashpot control. Unfortunately, HPTuners doesn't have the parameters defined to keep the car in emissions reduction mode at all times at idle so torque based decel has to stay enabled for a lopey idle to work.
    Interesting. Seems dashpot is the way as far as stability. So in theory I could use one of the strategies like the FPDX0A8 that uses dashpot as it's main idle strategy and it sounds like it'd work?
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 08-07-2021 at 11:56 AM.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Interesting. Seems dashpot is the way as far as stability. So in theory I could use one of the strategies like the FPDX0A8 that uses dashpot as it's main idle strategy and it sounds like it'd work?
    I agree and I don't think that will work because the trick is to keep idle in emissions reduction and the only frpp strat that does is the boss with the red key.

Advanced Tuner
    Distance tables aren't obeyed at idle with torque based decel disabled.
    That I did not know. I've been running with torque based decel disabled but haven't tried to ghost cam it.

I agree and I don't think that will work because the trick is to keep idle in emissions reduction and the only frpp strat that does is the boss with the red key.
    The newer models have that table. I was wanting to change my emission reduction threshold for a couple of weeks and when I finally got around to changing the table, I found out it's unavailable on my 14 strategy so I knew it wouldn't be on my 12 strategy. I think it's possible it could be added in the near future to first gen coyotes. The table was recently added to the s550s not too long ago.

noemissionreduction.PNG

Disabling torque based decel is the way to go, I agree. "Target N" has been a pain, causing lean fuel trims. Runs much more smooth once dashpot is set up. I haven't tried to ghost cam it, but I can see it reverting back to IVO 0 EVC 0. There has to be a way.

I'm pretty sure even setting that to a high max load won't do it as even stock values should be at an airload threshold that's under idle. Thinking something like an ECT vs time parameter. A log of a red keyed Boss will show VCT schedule in emissions reduction at idle all the time.