Thread: 2020 Randomly Dies

2020 Randomly Dies

2020 TT GT

Every now and again the car will surge and die while driving at low speeds. Always seems to be accompanied by a large spike in MAF.
    Just looking for ideas of what could be causing it.

I also have a problem on cold start that the car runs rough and rich enough to have black smoke from the tailpipes. I have not had it do this while I was logging yet. Seems like every time I have my laptop connected it starts fine. My luck.

JAMES GEN3 064. mapped point 1, idle error, torque and inverse 1.hpt

4th gear pull, low speed dies.hpl

This is related to SD model, you have your Filter and Anticipation enabled so it compares your actual MAP to model and it's clearly off.

Log actual and desired load to see the problem

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    This is related to SD model, you have your Filter and Anticipation enabled so it compares your actual MAP to model and it's clearly off.

Log actual and desired load to see the problem
    Interesting. So, if you turn "off" Cylair Anticipation (and leave the Cylair Filter on) will it still refer to the SD model?

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspud View Post
    Interesting. So, if you turn "off" Cylair Anticipation (and leave the Cylair Filter on) will it still refer to the SD model?
    Depends, from 2018 when Ford switched to Bosch things ale no longer as they used to be with Siemens...seems that with bosch anticipation will still be used with that
    switch changed to OFF. I'm not sure why and on what level but 2018 will still check SD model once in a while. My guess is DI but wont bet any money on it.

Depends, from 2018 when Ford switched to Bosch things ale no longer as they used to be with Siemens...seems that with bosch anticipation will still be used with that
    switch changed to OFF. I'm not sure why and on what level but 2018 will still check SD model once in a while. My guess is DI but wont bet any money on it.
    DI? Direct Injection. Yes, I'm talking about 2018+

Yes...been running on PI only and it seems this will still cal for DI once in a while no matter what. Lubrication maybe...someday we might find out.

Yes...been running on PI only and it seems this will still cal for DI once in a while no matter what. Lubrication maybe...someday we might find out.
    The direct injectors have to be cycled even when not in use so that the tips don't overheat.

I tried turning off cylair anticipation and it deffinatly drove worse. I also turned off ltft.

In the middle of the log is an area where I use the transbrake and after I flash the throttle the car dies.

The very end of the log I'm pulling into a parking spot and the car was almost dying.

trasbrake die.hpl

JAMES GEN3 067. cylair off, maf correction, ltft off+trans tq red off+knok adjust.hpt
    Last edited by JamesTheriot; 08-11-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Of course they have to be cycled....but hardware is not there AT ALL and I'm certain there no pulse commanded to DI injectors because I can log it...
    I meant SD is somehow altered by DI even with no hardware - probably few switches in SD not yet defined in editor.

Like I said, your problem is is SD model...take my advice or not up to you...
    Last edited by veeefour; 08-11-2021 at 11:28 AM.

add your bank 1 and bank 2 intake cam actual position pids to your log and see if one of them is dropping to 0 degrees causing the stall.

Advanced Tuner
    Add IPC Torque Error Impulse and the intake/exhaust cams to your log like mentioned.
    I'm not sure if it's the anti-jerk TIM switch that needs enabled, maybe both of the anti-jerk swtiches, maybe a different parameter. The problem is you're showing no torque errors in the log but you have massive torque errors. Just because IPC Torque Error shows 0 does not mean you have no errors. The calculation of the Torque/Inverse, MAF, Load, Torque, Airflow, the errors, everything is still there with incorrect flow, torque and calculations. Your torque tables need work, especially at 60 load, that's where a lot of your tables are giving you problems.

jtorqueerror1.PNG

This is a screen shot from your log of what a torque error looks like. Your torque drops into the negatives for a .6 load calculation.

jtorqueerror2.PNG

I'd bump idle up to 750/700, maybe 800/750, it might be a little more stable at that RPM. Seeing Target N as one of your sources will have your fuel every where and that source alone could cause the car to die..

I'd set knock advance limit to 4* , some parts of your log, the knock sensors are adding 10* until MBT is reached.
    Spark Borderline Lambda Correction table 44585 has 10* being added to it .82 lambda and richer, that is a lot of timing being added. I zero this table out.
    Your spark modifiers should be zeroed out on all temps where timing is being added, MTC, ECT, even spark modifiers that add extra timing when you're rich. Command what you want throught the table so you have consistent timing every time. You do have spark limiters set like cylinder pressure but you do not want to a limiter controlling your timing, you want your spark tables to control your timing.
    I see potential issues in your spark tables at 1.0 load.

Honestly, I'd disable the IMRCs and get rid of over half of the Mapped Points. Don't need IMRC's when you have a some turbos andd, i would not want to be the one calculating 25 torque tables and 25 inverse tables over and over.
    Does your car have any other mods? Throttle body, or anything related to the engine and trans?
    Your MAF housing is smaller than stock? Maybe 3" 3.5"

IPC Torque Error is the most over-rated PID advised "to use" on this forum. Same wth ETC angle error...

Brake, ETC and Scheduled torque should be observed instead.