Thread: 2016 Fiesta ST - A few questions

2016 Fiesta ST - A few questions

Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster.

I'm working on tuning my 2016 Fiesta ST and I'm running into a couple issues I was hoping to get some help with.

First off I feel like my fuel pressure is quite low. My fuel rail desired pressure will be upwards of 2150psi, but I never see more than 1100psi actual. My initial assumption was that this was a physical issue, but the pressure is still low after a new cam bucket and new HPFP. I attempted to reduce the HPFP VE table thinking that may up the duty cycle, but no luck. Is there something I'm missing?

Second, I'm hitting TURBO FMEM issues. I was able to get this to go away after raising load limits and turbo airflow maximums, but TURBO FMEM seems to have come back up, I was hoping to see if someone else could spot what's causing me to hit this limiter.

Finally, I'm curious if anyone would be willing to give me general pointers on my tune. The goal for this tune is a stock-ish tune with a few extra pounds of boost and some of the nannies reduced. I'm attempting to retain the option to run 87 in a pinch and to maintain stock drivability and safety where possible.

Attached are the stock tune, current tune, and a 2nd -> 3rd pull with some traction issues in 2nd.

rev5.2.hpt rev 5.2 - 2nd to 3rd pull - some TC.hpl Stock Tune.hpt

Tuner in Training
    check itrev5.3.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by kel83 View Post
    check itrev5.3.hpt
    Thanks for looking over that, it's definitely much smoother than my tune was.

I understand most of the changes you made, but out of curiosity is there a reason you opted to change the driver demand torque vs changing the indicated torque? I was having issues previously getting the boost up based on that table vs reducing the indicated torque values.