Thread: 2014 Caprice PPV tune Newbie be gentle

Potential Tuner

2014 Caprice PPV tune Newbie be gentle

Allow me to preface this by saying I've never tuned before. This is my first attempt and I wanted to bounce it off of you guys before I upload it and break something. I have a magnaflo cat back and a k&n intake. I'm trying to understand how to do this before I put on my heads, cam, headers, ect. Feel free to make any changes or pm, I'm totally new to this so I'm open to any and all knowledge
    Attached Files Attached Files

What did you change with the injector flow rate?

You are never suppose to touch that table if you didn't change injector size, return that to stock.

The PE EQ ratio is stupid rich, return that to stock. Take your time and read/understand the table before you make changes.

Just do the math. 14.68/1.440 = 10.1 AFR. That is way too much fuel. You need to be commanding around 1.200 for a 12.2 AFR for starters.

There is tons of other stuff you can do but I can't sit here and type a full page report on things to change. You'll figure a lot of it through readings. Those vehicles respond well to transmission tuning and torque converter settings.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What did you change with the injector flow rate?

You are never suppose to touch that table if you didn't change injector size, return that to stock.

The PE EQ ratio is stupid rich, return that to stock. Take your time and read/understand the table before you make changes.

Just do the math. 14.68/1.440 = 10.1 AFR. That is way too much fuel. You need to be commanding around 1.200 for a 12.2 AFR for starters.

There is tons of other stuff you can do but I can't sit here and type a full page report on things to change. You'll figure a lot of it through readings. Those vehicles respond well to transmission tuning and torque converter settings.
    I appreciate it and made some adjustments.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner

log

advice for adjustment?burnouttune2.5.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Tune in Lambda. Way easier

Tuner in Training
    Please contact me on IG @Gustavotuning
    Last edited by Gustavo; 08-15-2021 at 04:11 PM.