Thread: 15 Cruze 1.4t A6 Continuous Cylinder 2 Misfire

Tuner in Training

15 Cruze 1.4t A6 Continuous Cylinder 2 Misfire

Hello everybody. I'm still somewhat new to tuning and took a log file of our 2015 Cruze 1.4t Auto 6 speed tonight. It has a continuous cylinder 2 misfire. I had the oil changed with DexOS 5W-30 the other day, and changed all 4 plugs yesterday with stock AC Delco 41-121 plugs. Can somebody check out this log for me and possibly tell me what the heck is going on? I see the STFT and LTFT dont look correct at all so I'm guessing its using more fuel due to this CEL. The car is running a stock airbox with K&N flat filter, ported intake manifold, PCV fix kit from Andrei Pop, 3 port oil catch can routing the filtered air and such back to the turbo, and shift points changed in the tune. Thats it. Nothing spectacular by any means, just looking for some advice and help. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Sincerely
    LS4PWR
    cruze 08-08-21 log.hplcruze 2nd log 08-08-21.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Id check for mechanical problems first. Compression and leak down test to be specific

Tuner in Training
    I agree but Ive never had any problems like this before. I dont wanna just throw money and parts at the car. Id like to actually find whats wrong. We purchased this vehicle new and are the only owners of it.

Advanced Tuner
    So..... Perform a compression and leakdown test. If you dont want to just throw money at it, and actually find what's wrong with the vehicle, you'll start there. Its a basic test.

Advanced Tuner
    Nobody is going to be able to tell you what's wrong with your car by reviewing a data log.

If the misfire is isolated to one cylinder (e.g. P0302 code set), then I'd suggest looking for issues with that particular cylinder. As danmw2003 has said twice now, check compression and leak down to confirm / rule out mechanical problems like a broken piston / ring land, and / or valve issues on that cylinder. After that, confirm you're getting spark on that cylinder, and also that the fuel injector for that cylinder is working correctly.

If you are unable or unwilling to diagnose the issue yourself, bring it to a competent mechanic that can.