Thread: GM Extended Parking and Body Control Module - Can HP Tuner software assist?

Potential Tuner

GM Extended Parking and Body Control Module - Can HP Tuner software assist?

Hello everyone. I am gathering information on an issue that I have with a fleet of vehicles regarding the GM 'Extended Parking' feature which effects the eleventh generation Chevy Suburban (produced from 2015-2020). https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06...ure-spotlight/

This feature is a concern as these models will shut off after remaining at idle for an extended length of time, depending on the location of the key fob. The following information is provided:

Test Results
    Vehicle on, key fob in vehicle Vehicle turns off after 60 minutes
    Vehicle on, key fob out of range of vehicle Vehicle turns off after 20 minuets
    Vehicle on, key fob out of range of vehicle, rear window wiper on Vehicle continues to run after 20 minutes (test ended early, though vehicle continued to run)
    Vehicle on, key fob in vehicle, tow/haul mode selected Vehicle turns off after 60 minutes
    Vehicle on, key fob out of range of vehicle, hood unlatched Vehicle turns off after 20 minutes

From my small test pool, I feel like there is a connection between the Body Control module and the Extended Parking 'feature' and I would like to know if anyone has experience using HP Tuning software for exploring how to disable this?

I do not currently have access to HP Tuner software, but could explore its use if necessary. I am also open to having this issue worked on by someone who has experience with HP Tuner and has knowledge of this matter. If specific questions are required because I have left out some details, please feel free to DM me.

R/
    DC Josh

Advanced Tuner
    HPT does not support BCM tuning. I don't know what to suggest in order to execute BCM tuning for GM vehicles as a garage hobbyist.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Josh View Post
    Hello everyone. I am gathering information on an issue that I have with a fleet of vehicles regarding the GM 'Extended Parking' feature which effects the eleventh generation Chevy Suburban (produced from 2015-2020). https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06...ure-spotlight/

This feature is a concern as these models will shut off after remaining at idle for an extended length of time, depending on the location of the key fob. The following information is provided:

Test Results
    Vehicle on, key fob in vehicle Vehicle turns off after 60 minutes
    Vehicle on, key fob out of range of vehicle Vehicle turns off after 20 minuets
    Vehicle on, key fob out of range of vehicle, rear window wiper on Vehicle continues to run after 20 minutes (test ended early, though vehicle continued to run)
    Vehicle on, key fob in vehicle, tow/haul mode selected Vehicle turns off after 60 minutes
    Vehicle on, key fob out of range of vehicle, hood unlatched Vehicle turns off after 20 minutes

From my small test pool, I feel like there is a connection between the Body Control module and the Extended Parking 'feature' and I would like to know if anyone has experience using HP Tuning software for exploring how to disable this?

I do not currently have access to HP Tuner software, but could explore its use if necessary. I am also open to having this issue worked on by someone who has experience with HP Tuner and has knowledge of this matter. If specific questions are required because I have left out some details, please feel free to DM me.

R/
    DC Josh
    There are often items that can be enabled and disabled in the BCM and very limited amount of items in the PCM/VCM. It must be done with an MDI and GDS2. All of the items you mentioned have safety and emissions concerns so It is unlikely that they can be disabled. Not with my laptop today to verify this in SI.

Have you talked to your dealer? Ask if they can request a VCI number from GM to change the programming in whatever module is in charge of the shutoff timer.