Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MPVI2+ "No driver found" on new installation

Tuner in Training

MPVI2+ "No driver found" on new installation

I received my new MVPI2+ on August 6. I opened the box and read through the instructions to get this going. Here is what I did and the result I received:
    1. I?m using a Panasonic Toughbook CF-53. I am running Windows 7 Professional. The system processor, RAM, and HHD specs are greater than the minimum requirements for the VCM Suite.
    2. I downloaded the VCM Suite, version 4.10.4 and installed.
    3. I plugged in the MPVI2+ using the supplied USB (A to C) cable.
    4. The system searched for the drivers for the MPVI2+ and I receive a Windows systems message stating ?Device driver software was not successfully installed? and stated the specific reason ?No driver found?
    5. I went to the HPTuners website and downloaded the MPVI2+ driver from the link on their webpage. I received the .zip file labeled CDM21228_Setup.
    6. I unzipped the file and ran the executable file CDM21228_Setup. I received no errors and it appears the file ran correctly.
    7. I plugged in the MPVI2+ device, again, and received the same Windows system message ?No driver found?
    I have removed the device and the VCM Suite software and reinstalled multiple times, to include installing ?as administrator? with no success. I am stuck right here. I have submitted a support ticket, but received no ticket number or response. I submitted to support over the weekend and it is Monday in all fairness. Any suggestions for installing the MVPI2+?

Potential Tuner
    Did you get an answer to this? I am having the same issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Maker sure your .NET framework is up to date using windows update. Let windows update do its thing to bring your PC up to date.

Tuner in Training
    I have not received or found an answer, yet.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    Maker sure your .NET framework is up to date using windows update. Let windows update do its thing to bring your PC up to date.
    Yes, the .net framework is up to date.

Tuner in Training
    One thing additional to my original post is my computer is an X86 system. I'm not sure if the MPVI2+ has to be 64-bit or not. I have received a response from tech support and they are looking into the issue.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2019SSCamaro View Post
    Did you get an answer to this? I am having the same issue.
    Is your computer you're using for tuning a 32-bit or 64-bit system?

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same issue, mine is running 64-Bit windows 7 .nets are up to date i will put in a request with support too but would like to know if anyone solves it before then.

Also in the same boat, installed driver package but the device is not detected. also tried manually adding the drivers in the device manager with no luck. will also raise a ticket.

Thank you for reporting the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We've identified the issue and are currently looking for a solution. We'll keep you posted.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Max@HPTuners View Post

We've identified the issue and are currently looking for a solution. We'll keep you posted.
    Max,

Could this be the problem?

"Windows 7 cannot find drivers for my device This error can occur if the VID and PID programmed into the device EEPROM do not match those listed in the INF files for the driver. The VID and PID programmed into the device EEPROM may be found by using the USBView utility from the FTDI web site. These can then be checked against the VID and PID entries in the driver INF files. If they do not match, that driver cannot be installed for that device without either re-programming the device EEPROM or modifying the list of VID and PID numbers in the INF files. Please note that only your own company VID and PID or FTDI's VID (0x0403) and FTDI PID issued for use by the customer should be used in the EEPROM and INF files. End customers should obtain modified drivers from the OEM of the device, and not necessarily edit the files themselves."

The information was from an FTDI troubleshooting guide.
    Last edited by CBass9104; 08-11-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Max@HPTuners View Post

Will you update this thread when there is a fix? I am asking because I am having the same issue

Tuner in Training
    I received an email from Tech Support last night. I appears they have identified the problem with Windows 7 and 8, but it is working with Windows 10. They are working on a fix and expect to release that soon. They did not provide any further details on releasing the fix. (I would insert a whislting, thumb-twittling emoji, but I cannot find one)

i have received a windows 7 driver for the MPVI2+, will test this morning to make sure all is well

tech support tried but no luck so far, still something not right with the test driver
    Last edited by billybobhoughton; 08-13-2021 at 05:30 PM.

i have received a new driver this morning for the 2+ and it appears working. will do more testing today

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobhoughton View Post
    i have received a new driver this morning for the 2+ and it appears working. will do more testing today
    How is the test going?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    For windows 7 we appear to have a new set of drivers working for the MPVI2+

We are still working on a windows 8 driver package as there is an issue with the way they accept signatures.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    For windows 7 we appear to have a new set of drivers working for the MPVI2+

We are still working on a windows 8 driver package as there is an issue with the way they accept signatures.
    That is good news, Bill. Are the Windows 7 drivers available to us, yet?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by CBass9104 View Post
    That is good news, Bill. Are the Windows 7 drivers available to us, yet?
    Please email support with the MPVI2 + windows 7 drivers and we will provide you with the install package and instructions directly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Please email support with the MPVI2 + windows 7 drivers and we will provide you with the install package and instructions directly.
    I did a couple weeks ago. Ticket number 19655.

Or do I need to send another request?