Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPVI2+ "No driver found" on new installation

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    What's the idea behind this, everybody to open ticket for same issue. Its for everyone ... you collect tickets? Now i will also need to open ticket for problem you solved for hundred persons ... windows 10 is not option for everyone, my laptop is alot slower with windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CBass9104 View Post
    I received my new MVPI2+ on August 6. I opened the box and read through the instructions to get this going. Here is what I did and the result I received:
    1. I?m using a Panasonic Toughbook CF-53. I am running Windows 7 Professional. The system processor, RAM, and HHD specs are greater than the minimum requirements for the VCM Suite.
    2. I downloaded the VCM Suite, version 4.10.4 and installed.
    3. I plugged in the MPVI2+ using the supplied USB (A to C) cable.
    4. The system searched for the drivers for the MPVI2+ and I receive a Windows systems message stating ?Device driver software was not successfully installed? and stated the specific reason ?No driver found?
    5. I went to the HPTuners website and downloaded the MPVI2+ driver from the link on their webpage. I received the .zip file labeled CDM21228_Setup.
    6. I unzipped the file and ran the executable file CDM21228_Setup. I received no errors and it appears the file ran correctly.
    7. I plugged in the MPVI2+ device, again, and received the same Windows system message ?No driver found?
    I have removed the device and the VCM Suite software and reinstalled multiple times, to include installing ?as administrator? with no success. I am stuck right here. I have submitted a support ticket, but received no ticket number or response. I submitted to support over the weekend and it is Monday in all fairness. Any suggestions for installing the MVPI2+?
    Just purchased the shops first HP tuner, MPVI2+ pro model. Have a car in the shop that we have been trying to get tuned for a month now and no one in the area has been able to get us in to tune after a cam swap. So we decided since apparently there is a high demand for tuners in the Kentucky area that we would try our hand at it. Hard to do when we get the "no drivers found" error even after manually installing the drivers from the HP downloads site and trying auto download. Try the Resync option on both scanner and editor and get the message "please connect interface" the interface is connected and green light on "STAT" and still get the error. Tried going in Device Manager and manually adding and trying automatic download of the drivers and reinstalling drivers from HP downloads and still nothing. At this point the shop has bought a cool looking expensive paperweight. Can someone provide us a solution and/or send us drivers that will working with the laptop? Windows 7 professional Lenovo ThinkPad X230 with intel core i7 vpro processor 2.9GHz and 8Gb of Ram. This laptop meets requirements shown on HP website so we are unsure what to do at this point? Not sure if the drivers on the website have only windows 10/11 downloads or if it includes all Windows 7 and up OS. Please someone from HP or a fellow tuner help us out! This car has been sitting for a month now waiting to be tuned and the customer needs it back by the end of the week for a race. He has already missed Three events due to tuning issues

Got it working! Contact tech support and they will send you a new driver file that will work for your specific computer if you have Windows 7

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastln502 View Post
    Got it working! Contact tech support and they will send you a new driver file that will work for your specific computer if you have Windows 7
    hi, how fast did HPtuners answered with solution?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexas77 View Post
    hi, how fast did HPtuners answered with solution?
    It took me a few days to get to the bottom of this, and not because of any help with HPTuners but I found threads like this and asked about it then they sent me links and a ton of steps to follow. In the middle of trying to get it working now.

They are completely ass backwards up as a company these days PUT THE NOTICE AND LINKS FOR THE WIN 8.1 people etc ON YOUR DRIVER DOWNLOADS PAGE Amateur hour sometimes I swear
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastln502 View Post
    Just purchased the shops first HP tuner, MPVI2+ pro model. Have a car in the shop that we have been trying to get tuned for a month now and no one in the area has been able to get us in to tune after a cam swap. So we decided since apparently there is a high demand for tuners in the Kentucky area that we would try our hand at it. Hard to do when we get the "no drivers found" error even after manually installing the drivers from the HP downloads site and trying auto download. Try the Resync option on both scanner and editor and get the message "please connect interface" the interface is connected and green light on "STAT" and still get the error. Tried going in Device Manager and manually adding and trying automatic download of the drivers and reinstalling drivers from HP downloads and still nothing. At this point the shop has bought a cool looking expensive paperweight. Can someone provide us a solution and/or send us drivers that will working with the laptop? Windows 7 professional Lenovo ThinkPad X230 with intel core i7 vpro processor 2.9GHz and 8Gb of Ram. This laptop meets requirements shown on HP website so we are unsure what to do at this point? Not sure if the drivers on the website have only windows 10/11 downloads or if it includes all Windows 7 and up OS. Please someone from HP or a fellow tuner help us out! This car has been sitting for a month now waiting to be tuned and the customer needs it back by the end of the week for a race. He has already missed Three events due to tuning issues

We are experiencing this exact same problem. Bought a brand new MPVI2+, connect to laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad T450s), Windows 10 64bit detects the USB Serial Device, but when under VCM Scanner or Editor interface is not detected... :-/