Thread: This post has been posted other places as well. PLEASE HELP. Stock tune file?

Tuner

This post has been posted other places as well. PLEASE HELP. Stock tune file?

Hey guys, couple nights ago i was doing some logging and noticed that at low speeds and cruising speed, i have an average of like 7 misfires per cylinder on multiple different cylinders. But when downshifting or going WOT, misfires go away. The misfires also jump from cylinders. They are not all maintaining the same cylinder.

While going WOT, once i start really getting into boost, TB shut for probably around 1-1.5 seconds and sounds like its farting. (best way that i can describe it) But then it open back up and when it open back up the car comes to life and goes ape and rips like nothings wrong.

Anyone got any ideas? I reckon that the TB shutting is from boost, but is there a way it can be tuned to not do that? It kind of yacks my khakis. I am new to tuning and logging, so i have absolutely no idea what I am looking for/at with the exceptions of a few things.

I will put the log file down below so you can take a look at it if you'd like. When i went to download the tune file i have a message that read "You have been provided with a stock tune because the module is unreadable. It is perfectly safe to use" Etc. Did it just write my tune to that of a stock tune? Im cammed and procharged running on e85... i kind of need to have that tune in there... can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance

Tune: 2019 Camaro SS Fireball 2.hpt

Log: camaro SS misfires.hpl

Tuner
    So basically, did it just write a completely stock tune file to my car?

Tuner
    The file you posted is not stock. To be honest, that file needs some work. The maf transfer curve is rough, need to calibrate VVE and re-enable it, spark advance is low.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Tuner
    i?m going to be honest, i?m still learning most of these terms. i know what maf is. but maf transfer curve? no idea. same goes for vve and re-enabling it. what is the result of a low spark advance and a rough maf transfer curve? what is the result of a disabled VVE? i obviously have a lot to learn. hate to bug you with newbie questions but i?m just trying to soak up as much as i can. thank you for your time

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SLPSSM6 View Post
    The file you posted is not stock. To be honest, that file needs some work. The maf transfer curve is rough, need to calibrate VVE and re-enable it, spark advance is low.
    by VVE, are you meaning virtual volumetric efficiency?

Tuner
    By that i mean the MAF Frequency table, look at a stock maf curve attached for example its smooth and linear, with no drastic increases or decreases in airflow, most of the toons out their are rough like the other i attached. Yes, VVE is virtual volumetric efficiency table, right now under dynamic airflow, it is setup to run off the MAF only. Your MAF and VVE need to be calibrated at steady state on the dyno to get a true airflow measurement. I would recommend having it dyno tuned on a dyno that has an eddy brake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

Tuner
    The result of low spark advance would be giving up horsepower and producing higher EGTs by igniting the air fuel mix too late. Rough maf curve is going to give you incorrect air fuel ratio, drivability issues, etc. Maf and VVE are the most important tables to get right, virtual torque too,but you cant do that without having the Maf and VVE calibrated correctly first. We all started somewhere and i know you are trying to learn, but calibrating a Gen 5 vehicle is not what i would recommend learning on, matter of fact most tooners out there arent doing them right either.
    Last edited by 01SLPSSM6; 08-10-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SLPSSM6 View Post
    The result of low spark advance would be giving up horsepower and producing higher EGTs by igniting the air fuel mix too late. Rough maf curve is going to give you incorrect air fuel ratio, drivability issues, etc. Maf and VVE are the most important tables to get right, virtual torque too,but you cant do that without having the Maf and VVE calibrated correctly first. We all started somewhere and i know you are trying to learn, but calibrating a Gen 5 vehicle is not what i would recommend learning on, matter of fact most tooners out there arent doing them right either.
    oh i?m definitely not going to be tuning this car. oh heck no. i was just trying to navigate through and see what all is on there and try to understand the program a little more.
    do you mind telling me under what tabs you can find the maf frequency? as well as the spark advance? and so would if it mean anything to you if i told you that even when i went and saw the guy so we could log air/fuel, he said it was fine? would that stem from what you said regarding the air/fuel being incorrect if the maf curve and VVE aren?t working in sync?
    Hope i worded that right

and also, who would you recommend me to go to? I?m in oklahoma so local would be the best, but i obviously don?t expect you to know what?s around here. but i would be willing to travel for a better, more reliable calibration that is going to give me the power that i am capable of producing

Thank you kindly

Tuner
    Ok, was trying to let you know what you were getting into lol. Looking at the log, there is no way that air fuel ratio could be "fine" look at the BARO sensor it is reading boost pressure, The factory MAF has a BARO sensor inside, with the Procharger it is now blowing through the MAF and the BARO is reading it as boost pressure. You need to install a BARO breakout harness, this will allow the BARO to read Barometric pressure only instead of boost pressure. You can get a BARO breakout harness from https://dsxtuning.com/. With the spark advance at 10 degrees this thing is definitely is down on power. As far as tuners in Oklahoma i dont know of any, i think some guys on here do remote tuning though.
    ENGINE>AIRFLOW> GENERAL>MAF CALIBRATION
    ENGINE>SPARK ADVANCE>HIGH OCTANE/LOW OCTANE