Thread: Gen3 Viper / JTEC / Venom ECU questions

Gen3 Viper 2bar questions

So I volunteered to help a friend out with his Paxton SC'd Gen3 Viper. I am not a Dodge, nor Viper expert. I've done a few Gen4 and Gen5 cars, but that ECU OS is little closer to what I'm comfortable with.

Once we removed the Paxton FMU, fixed the IC pump, and did some other clean up and old kit removal, we installed a RSI fuel system, ID1050x's, BRFPR, etc.

I'm curious why people are jumping to the 2bar MAP sensor. the base fuel and spark tables are limited to 105kPa (cant edit the axis values past that point, at least i cant), so what's going on with everyone jumping to a 2bar?

just for the ability to data log it?

are people actually rescaling the tables, and the baro updates so that 100kpa is actually 50kpa and then adjusting all the tables to reflect this, thus giving you some headroom to work with by re-scaling the tables axis?

I see most are using SCT for this vehicle, perhaps they have access and abilities that go beyond what HPT offers? Ill jump to pro-racer if thats easier, but id prefer to stick with HPT if possible.

just looking for some clarity on this before going deeper into this.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 06black; 08-10-2021 at 11:53 AM. Reason: title change

Potential Tuner
    BUMP!

Anybody ever figure this out?

have a 02 attempting to do the same thing on right now.

thanks

just install the neon 2.25 bar map sensor, disable the "no 5v to map sensor" code and give the engine what it wants. map reading wont be correct ever but you will be able to complete the entire tune. there isn't great resolution in a jtec series pcm but this is enough to get the job done.