Thread: Reading Tunes off ecu

Reading Tunes off ecu

Hello,
    Looking for info, will the suite see the info from another tuner, like sct. I am getting rid of my sct3x, but want to keep the tunes I have. And possibly modify them. Does anyone know?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Only way to know is to actually try reading it, from my experience ALOT of SCT produced files are scrambled(ie tunerlocked) and while they typically can be read out you will not be able to view, edit, or license the file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Only way to know is to actually try reading it, from my experience ALOT of SCT produced files are scrambled(ie tunerlocked) and while they typically can be read out you will not be able to view, edit, or license the file.
    Thank you Bill. I have another question. I am looking to purchase HP MpvI2+.... what is stopping me is supported vehicles only lists 01 svt cobra not the 99 svt cobra. all the research I have done shows the ECU part numbers and revision numbers are all interchangeable between the 99 and 01. There is literally nothing different between the 99 and 01's. the 00's were cobra R 's. The only differences I can find between 99 and 01's are minimal like; many of the 01's were WAP alum blocks not the teksid alum block, rear trunk spoilers were different, more options for interior and exterior colors, and rear wind defrost button was moved from dash to center console.

Any chance 99 not being included is an oversight or typo? If not could you tell me why 99 svt cobra is not included?

thanks for you time.
    Syovan

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by syovan View Post
    Thank you Bill. I have another question. I am looking to purchase HP MpvI2+.... what is stopping me is supported vehicles only lists 01 svt cobra not the 99 svt cobra. all the research I have done shows the ECU part numbers and revision numbers are all interchangeable between the 99 and 01. There is literally nothing different between the 99 and 01's. the 00's were cobra R 's. The only differences I can find between 99 and 01's are minimal like; many of the 01's were WAP alum blocks not the teksid alum block, rear trunk spoilers were different, more options for interior and exterior colors, and rear wind defrost button was moved from dash to center console.

Any chance 99 not being included is an oversight or typo? If not could you tell me why 99 svt cobra is not included?

thanks for you time.
    Syovan
    it could be an oversite, do a read and send us the file via support ticket, please put Attn Bill in the subject line so it makes its way to me
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"