Thread: MVPI Driver issues

MVPI Driver issues

Recently when I plug my unit into my PC (only pc, laptop is fine), the connect and disconnect sounds go on, off, on, off.
    I need to figure how to reinstall drivers fresh because they don't appear long enough in device manager to click on them properly.
    I could use a good suggestion on how to do this. I am asking this as at this time, the only thing I can think of is a removal and then clean install, but this has been known to leave drivers behind as remnants.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Do you have an MPVI1 or MPVI2 device? If MPVI1 I would recommend trying a new usb cable, sounds like you have a comms issue on the usb side, not a driver issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I have the oldest device MVPI Pro you know, takes cables at each end.
    I've tried 3 cables, they all work on my laptop just fine. I have 6 rear usb, and 2 front (underpowered) I am plugged into the "first in line on MB" USB slot, although I have tried each of them. same issue.
    The drivers don't show in the USB controllers list until a moment you hear the "I plugged in a device jingle" then for a split second, then you here the "I unplugged a device jingle" and poof, they're gone. This is typically indicative of an instability in the drivers, IF the cable has been ruled out, and I only have the 3, they work on all the other devices I have.
    I really just would like to know how to remove and reinstall the drivers. I'm pretty sure that will fix the issue.
    I can easily do a quick uninstall, REG clean and reinstall, if you think this might fix the issue, but it still sounds like someone putting the cable in then taking it out time after time, almost to an obscene thought here.... LOL
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GrcyGtr View Post
    I have the oldest device MVPI Pro you know, takes cables at each end.
    I've tried 3 cables, they all work on my laptop just fine. I have 6 rear usb, and 2 front (underpowered) I am plugged into the "first in line on MB" USB slot, although I have tried each of them. same issue.
    The drivers don't show in the USB controllers list until a moment you hear the "I plugged in a device jingle" then for a split second, then you here the "I unplugged a device jingle" and poof, they're gone. This is typically indicative of an instability in the drivers, IF the cable has been ruled out, and I only have the 3, they work on all the other devices I have.
    I really just would like to know how to remove and reinstall the drivers. I'm pretty sure that will fix the issue.
    I can easily do a quick uninstall, REG clean and reinstall, if you think this might fix the issue, but it still sounds like someone putting the cable in then taking it out time after time, almost to an obscene thought here.... LOL
    Sounds like the usb port on the MPVI device is failing or has failed and your only option would be to upgrade your device to an MPVI2+

So, since I had already planned on buying the +2 as a second tuning unit, how much more is just the upgrade from my MPVI to the +2 interface if that proves to be the case?
    So second unit is about $650 w/a couple credits, how much more for this to be upgraded?
    One thing I want to note and doing so to not have a possible issue, it states in the upgrade area "The MPVI Pro or Standard interface must be fully functional to be eligible for upgrade. HP Tuners reserves the right to refuse any interface upgrade."
    Will my unit, if possibly having a bad USB connection cause me to not get the upgrade?

Thank Bill

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI to MPVI2+ upgrade is $189+shipping.