Thread: 2015 siverado 6L80 tuning

Tuner in Training

2015 siverado 6L80 tuning

im just trying to firm up and hold 1st gear longer in my stock 6L80 . ive tried to find the BlueCat software to what i can do there but can someone point me in the right direction. Thank you

Altering the shift mph is very simple. Just going into the transmission > shift scheduling > normal section upshift table.

Then just change the mph speed you want. If stock is like 11mph, just raise it up a few mph to whatever you want. Then do the same the rest of the gears. You need to do the matching for the downshift or atleast keep things within the same range to keep things happy.

I made this 2015 Silverado tune for a guy a little while back, it has engine and transmission changes. He also installed 33in tires so I had to correct the tire size, which also did adjust things for the shift scheduling and some of the torque converter settings. So some of that you wouldn't want to copy over but you can look at the shift pressure and adaptive settings. I still suggest doing torque converter changes so that the stock converter will live longer. I disable it for gears 1-4 and raise the lock up speeds for 5th and 6th to help it. Locking the converter at 35-40mph in 6th gear sucks, so I raise it up about 10mph to stop the lugging.

I will also post my 2016's truck file with stock size tires, it has more engine and transmission related changes. Been running it this way for years. It runs and shifts great with my settings but it's also me driving it and people are free to alter things as they see fit.

Just note that any transmission related pressure changes or adaptive setting changes requires that you reset the adapts with the VCM scanner after the flashing the tune file and prior to starting the engine again. This way it relearns the new settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thank you very much i greatly appreciate the help. i didnt figure it would be too crazy i just needed a little direction. Thank you again!!

Tuner in Training
    Hello Sir. Would you happen to have the tune file for Silverado 1500 2016. Would love to compare with mine.

Thank you in advance.