Thread: Freeze Frame Capture And Saving? MVPI Pro

Freeze Frame Capture And Saving? MVPI Pro

I need to scan for the P0741 which usually tosses a freeze frame in other scanners I have used but am now using HPT MVPI Pro.

If I do get one can I save it? By other means than a screen shot I'm hoping for. Does it vanish when you close the window?

Thanks
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    I need to scan for the P0741 which usually tosses a freeze frame in other scanners I have used but am now using HPT MVPI Pro.

If I do get one can I save it? By other means than a screen shot I'm hoping for. Does it vanish when you close the window?

Thanks
    This is a problem with the scanner for a while. Have always wanted the codes and freeze frame to be saved with the scan run. As for vanishing well yes it does go away from the scan data on your computer but it will stay on the PCM/ECM/TCM until the point that you clear the codes.

Thanks. I was hoping after all this time............................
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

There is a reason full-featured scan tools do not cost $400, and it's not anything to do with the hardware...

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There is a reason full-featured scan tools do not cost $400, and it's not anything to do with the hardware...
    Hahahaha. You got that right. I estimate I have gone through no less then $40K worth of scan tools in the last 40 years or so I have been doing this. My most expensive one was a MasterTech. I had no less than $20K into that dang tool. Did factory stuff for lots of different car lines. Was an upgrade to the Tech1 at the time and was as good as the Tech2 with a smaller screen. How times have changed. Picked up a Matco Maximus a short 7 years ago to replace it as it was another $5K to upgrade, and the technology had just gone farther than it could go. Paid around $4k or so for it and then the updates. I am at a point in my life I don't buy any more tools. Finished with those $200-$300 a week paycheck thief tool trucks.