Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 GTO TT won't rev past 5000rpms under load.

Grabbed the one that time the 0 column is correct is the same as shown previously. I halved the IVT just now as well as changed the map EQ in the tune. I will load it tomorrow and see how it does. I can't believe how far yall have got me in a couple days with stuff i have been chasing for weeks!! Thank you for all the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jray1 View Post
    Grabbed the one that time the 0 column is correct is the same as shown previously. I halved the IVT just now as well as changed the map EQ in the tune. I will load it tomorrow and see how it does. I can't believe how far yall have got me in a couple days with stuff i have been chasing for weeks!! Thank you for all the help!
    This was already mentioned in post #14, but since you are using a boost referenced regulator, on this table copy the 0kpa column to the 80kpa column then highlight the entire table and hit the "interpolate between horizontal bounds" button.

I understand what you are saying to do with this but I do not understand the reason why? I don't have the values in front of me at the moment but that would drastically change the whole table right?

Because with a 1:1 regulator, the delta is always the same whereas all those columns in that table are there to allow it to compensate when the manifold pressure changes but fuel rail pressure stays fixed - change the pressure across the injector and the flow rate changes, and it does that whether you lower fuel pressure or raise manifold pressure (or vice versa). You no longer have those changes happening because you no longer have a fixed, non-referenced fuel pressure.

That makes sense to me now! Thank you.

Am I correct on injector flow rate going to 46 (92) if the fuel pressure is at 58psi for the 80lb deka?

Advanced Tuner
    Am I correct on injector flow rate going to 46 (92) if the fuel pressure is at 58psi for the 80lb deka?
    Yes

sqrt(58/43.5)*80 = 92.376

The conversion tool in the scanner/editor also has a section to do the quick math.

Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    Yes

sqrt(58/43.5)*80 = 92.376

The conversion tool in the scanner/editor also has a section to do the quick math.
    Thank you!

So far it's running worse with these changes. I am back to not getting past around 5200rpms and a pretty good stumble from the start. Logged and made some ve changes along with pulling some timing out where I saw a little knock. Going for another drive and see what it does now.��

It is definitely going to run worse, but those changes need to be made so when you get it tuned correctly, you don't have to go back, find these things, one by one, and retune each time.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Post of the current tune and log file. Tell me where I need to go from here. It seems way rich and I am not sure if that is causing the knock that I see or if its the timing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    It is definitely going to run worse, but those changes need to be made so when you get it tuned correctly, you don't have to go back, find these things, one by one, and retune each time.
    Ok, that makes me feel better. I think.

Too rich, at least beyond a certain point, is just as likely to create knock as too lean.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Too rich, at least beyond a certain point, is just as likely to create knock as too lean.
    That's what I was thinking. Did you look at my log? It's pulling timing right at 5200k RPMs showing knock but I am showing about 10lbs of boost and between .68 and .72 afr on the wideband.

Any ideas on making it easier to start when it's hot? It was starting way easier hot before I changed the tune yesterday but still not great.

Highlight the areas in Eq Error that are rich, and copy, go to your VE table and highlight the same area and paste special--% half. Then smooth the surrounding areas. Do the same for the boost table. If you include all of the red cells, you will have a bunch of spikes. Those are caused when you let off the gas suddenly. I would turn off Long Term Fuel Trims while you are tuning.

Any ideas on making it easier to start when it's hot? It was starting way easier hot before I changed the tune yesterday but still not great.
    Go to Engine, Airflow, Cranking VE, Primary and make the chart all 90. See if that helps.
    Starting hot should be better when you get it all tuned.

Change your base idle spark to this

Make the blue part of the high octane table in the example the same in your chart

I have done the multiply percent half on the VE tables from the scan and Smoothed them out. I will make the changes suggested changes from above and see how it does. Thank you all for the help! I have got more info and help here in a few days and made more progress than I have been able to make in the last 6 months!