Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.4 help with mods unknown tune attached

6.4 help with mods unknown tune attached

originalking ranch.hptoriginalking ranch.hpt
    i purchased this truck unbeknownst to me with a blown engine. its dieted but i know nothing else, new engine has billet rods RCD stg 2 cam and 74mm low pressure charger, billet KC wheel in HP charger, manton pushrods and springs RCD 30 over injectors ODP intake manifold. truck is pretty smokey on hard accel trans tuning is absolute garbage. i figure i can fix trans but have no idea about engine tuning as I've primarily done LS and Ecotec stuff. Feel free to use if you need diet tune etc. any help pointers etc is welcome not sure who to even ask these days as all i've ever dealt with previously was my 650 rwhp 6.0 truck.

Tune you have is shit. Piston ring lands on borrowed time. Try copy and pasting this tune. Engine and trans. This is my daily tune. made 680hp. I am running single S369SXE. All other mods and Stage 6 billet trans.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

doing some compare they're quite different will try some tables. I have the sct off my old 6.0 i half considered using the canned tunes temporarily. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    Tune you have is shit. Piston ring lands on borrowed time. Try copy and pasting this tune. Engine and trans. This is my daily tune. made 680hp. I am running single S369SXE. All other mods and Stage 6 billet trans.
    Do you have a data log of your 680hp pull? It looks like you'd be sitting at a pretty steady 1.8ms PW from the start to end of your pull... I'd also think there would be a decent amount of power left by adding a little more timing in the higher RPM area. What kind of boost is it making and do you have a pic or video of the dyno graph? Edit: I actually think the injector PW1 and PW2 maps are bank 1 and bank 2 on the 6.4 but i could be wrong... If i'm right though that would mean this truck has two different durations from one bank to another....... In stock form they match so i'd leave them that way unless you have a reason for running different duration on one bank vs the other.

badcoupe i also think your file is in bad shape by having mis matching bank to bank PW tables.
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 08-23-2021 at 01:10 PM.

This tune is what my engine EGT's like towing my enclosed with race car. I know there is alot more power. I have been as high as 739hp but it is too smokey out of boost for daily driving. Smokes like a 12V until lit. PW1 and PW2 to are for Pilot and Main injection events.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Banned
    why dont you bump up your ebp tables a little more and clean up the smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    why dont you bump up your ebp tables a little more and clean up the smoke?

I don't have a VGT turbo so that isn't possible anymore.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Tuner in Training
    The tune you read is an H&S MiniMaxx tune. The device had SOTF capability. They custom wrote the firmware to change Injector Pulsewidth reference when adjusting ?power level?.

From my understanding, H&S has Injector Pulsewidth #1 be the main table for both banks. Injector Pulsewidth #2 be the defuel setting. Compared to standard tune labeling #1 and #2 for different banks.

I?ve been in the same boat trying to figure out why they differed.

Quote Originally Posted by Srpracing View Post
    The tune you read is an H&S MiniMaxx tune. The device had SOTF capability. They custom wrote the firmware to change Injector Pulsewidth reference when adjusting ?power level?.

From my understanding, H&S has Injector Pulsewidth #1 be the main table for both banks. Injector Pulsewidth #2 be the defuel setting. Compared to standard tune labeling #1 and #2 for different banks.

I?ve been in the same boat trying to figure out why they differed.
    So can you confirm pw1 and pw2 are bank1 and bank2 and not pilot and main pw maps prior to any custom strategy?

Tuner in Training
    Wish I had an answer. I can?t confirm that but every other tune I?ve seen, shows identical tables for #1 and #2.

From H&S perspective, they rewrote the calibration making #1 the main table and #2 the defuel table.

Your stock tune is not like that. Pilot and Main injection... I am not sure what you mean by defuel table?
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Tuner in Training
    Your stock tune is not like that. Pilot and Main injection... I am not sure what you mean by defuel table?
    Then I am wrong. H&S has defuel settings built into their calibration that will derate back to "stock" power when a certain threshold is hit ( ECT, Trans Temp, EGT, etc). They "derate" by forcing the calibration to stockish Injector Pulsewidth. Which in the case of their firmware - injector Pulsewidth #2.

I have multiple stock 6.4 tunes all with the exact same scaling and matching PW1 and PW2 tables.08FORD 64 Stock first read original.hpt2010 F250 6.4L Stock read.hpt2008 F-350 6.4 manual.hpt Odds of all three matching and not being stock are very slim, especially considering they all come from different stock trucks at different times.

Tuner in Training
    Exactly. Stock and SCT both have those two tables matching. H&S did something funky in their firmware to utilize multiple Injector Pulsewidth tables to change power levels. MCC shows 5 tables I think?

The MiniMaxx was then used to change which Pulsewidth Map to reference on the fly.

After many logs I confirmed it was using #1 as the main table and #2 as the “defuel” power level.
    Last edited by Srpracing; 09-10-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    I have multiple stock 6.4 tunes all with the exact same scaling and matching PW1 and PW2 tables.08FORD 64 Stock first read original.hpt2010 F250 6.4L Stock read.hpt2008 F-350 6.4 manual.hpt Odds of all three matching and not being stock are very slim, especially considering they all come from different stock trucks at different times.
    All my stock tunes have 2 different tables and so do the SCT tunes I have. I have a RCD tune and they are different.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

All my stock tunes have 2 different tables and so do the SCT tunes I have. I have a RCD tune and they are different.
    Can you post the files you have?

Tuner in Training
    I wonder if it’s how HP Tuners is reading the calibration. Maybe some strategies read differently.

Side note the 5 different PW tables do exist in the stock strategies.

1 and 2 are used, 3-4-5 isn’t utilized. So they don’t show it in HPT.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Tuner in Training
    Does any know why some tunes zero out the MAF Airflow Diagnostics Enable table? Stock has values but SCT and H&S zero it out.

Stock.PNGTuned.PNG

Interesting, I wondered if it was mini maxx I know they?re notorious for killing motors. Old motor had 4 cylinders trashed and spun cam bearing. I know fish tuning sells a soft switch for the 6.4 that iirc connects to iat sensor. I loaded the tow tune from my sct on it for now gotta figure who I want to tune this thing. Had a new hp turbo shit at 2700 miles, heat shield on hot side came apart and locked the vgt up and ate the exh wheel. Bought another new one and got it on over weekend, gotta mail old charger in for warranty analysis.