Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.4 help with mods unknown tune attached

Quote Originally Posted by Srpracing View Post
    Does any know why some tunes zero out the MAF Airflow Diagnostics Enable table? Stock has values but SCT and H&S zero it out.

Attachment 113515Attachment 113516
    This means the MAF won't toss codes, 1 means enabled at those rows and columns 0 means disabled. They are avoiding having airflow codes pop up later if the MAF isn't seeing enough or too much airflow. They should be left on and scaled appropriately for the new tune but setting them all to 0 is the easy button.

Tuner in Training
    hs turned off air flow meter diagnostics just to cover more vehicles simple as that those tunes went in 10s of thousands of trucks so they simplified the tuning so it was not a diagnostic nightmare on there end. i also turn this off as when it is on and some thing is exsactly right it defuels when it shouldnt.

Tuner in Training
    Say if I were keeping stock timing/fueling, should I leave the MAF diagnostic on?

Quote Originally Posted by Srpracing View Post
    Say if I were keeping stock timing/fueling, should I leave the MAF diagnostic on?
    That code was designed for finding boost leaks or broken turbos by setting a low flow code and where stuck vane control can make its overboost easily apparent in low rpm/torque areas. The high flow code is actually hard to hit. It's really only achievable if the vanes are stuck basically 100% closed on a stock compound setup. I highly doubt you'll hit it on either end, especially if your maf is scaled properly and you're on a stock compound setup. The stock limits are well set for stock turbos, big single turbo guys will hit the low flow code as most single turbos spool later thus not flowing as much relative to the compounds in the lower rpm/torque areas where this table is set to be on.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    That code was designed for finding boost leaks or broken turbos by setting a low flow code and where stuck vane control can make its overboost easily apparent in low rpm/torque areas. The high flow code is actually hard to hit. It's really only achievable if the vanes are stuck basically 100% closed on a stock compound setup. I highly doubt you'll hit it on either end, especially if your maf is scaled properly and you're on a stock compound setup. The stock limits are well set for stock turbos, big single turbo guys will hit the low flow code as most single turbos spool later thus not flowing as much relative to the compounds in the lower rpm/torque areas where this table is set to be on.
    Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Srpracing; 10-21-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    After spending a lot of time dialing in my tune, ive noticed SCT and H&S really didnt know what they were doing. As in a lot of their adjustments caused more harm to the engine than good.

Banned
    What was your first clue

Tuner in Training
    Is there possibility anyone has the table identifiers for the PW tables, so that HPT can add them? Based on my tunes, PW1 and PW2 are quite different compared to how HPT shows.

Stock PW1.PNGStock PW2.PNGHPT PW1.PNGHPT PW2.PNG

You talking about the actual parameters or the Axis numbers?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, I meant the actual location of the tables in the calibration. HPT needs the actual location in the .phf file in order to add the correct tables. I could be wrong, but I believe PSM 6.4 found them. 5 of the tables.

From what I have learned. SCT does is the one that?s wrong.

There is padding and or a bootloader that SCt does not define.

Like in the 6.7 stuff it?s 80000000 that needs to be added to the sct address to get it in range.

Then there are offsets that have to be found.

Email me what you?re looking for and the Strat code and I?ll see if I can dig them up. PM me for my email.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Side note the 5 different PW tables do exist in the stock strategies.

1 and 2 are used, 3-4-5 isn?t utilized. So they don?t show it in HPT.

I just realized this is correct. The 6.4 utilizes Config 0 and 1. It does not touch Configs 2,3, and 4. That being the case, it could mean - PW #1 = Config 0. PW#2 = Config 1.

OR

PW#1 could be when the truck is normal state and PW#2 being when the truck is in Regen.

MCC shows 4 PW tables and utilizes them all for SOTF. I dont think VCM suite displays the tables correctly as theyre not used to all PWs being used. Hence why it looks like PW1/2 are mismatched.
    Last edited by Srpracing; 6 Days Ago at 10:25 PM.