Thread: mpvi 1 wont resync to new laptop

Tuner in Training

mpvi 1 wont resync to new laptop

downloaded hp tuners onto new laptop and the mpvi 1 driver unzipped the file and put in my current application key but when i went to resync the interface it just opens the window and waits for me to plug the usb in... i plug it in and unplug it and the laptop makes the connection tone but the software acts like it isn't there. any help would be greatly appreciated. (windows 10 home, latest version hp tuners non beta, mpvi 1)

Tuner in Training
    i'll add that it accepted my application key but when i went to look at my license information nothing was there and i have current credits and my old laptop it would show all the vehicles i had. not sure if that is pertinent information or not.

Tuner in Training
    Is the .net framework updated in your new computer?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What exactly are you looking to accomplish by resyncing your MPVI1 device? honestly its not necessary on those older devices and the only thing it does is upload the license information to our servers, nothing more, nothing less.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaw View Post
    i'll add that it accepted my application key but when i went to look at my license information nothing was there and i have current credits and my old laptop it would show all the vehicles i had. not sure if that is pertinent information or not.
    I would suggest opening a support ticket so we can troubleshoot your issue further, unfortunately this issue isn't something we can troubleshoot via the forum. https://support.hptuners.com/
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"