Thread: 12mm pump tuning

Tuner

12mm pump tuning

2006 5.9 12mm stroker pump with stock fca and 90hp injectors. Im experiencing a rough idle and white smoke after a cold start. It is tuning related because my truck was also tuned by firepunk and I do not experience that issue with that tune flashed. I compared the two log files and I dont see anything that stands out. I also lack knowledge of how to properly control the fca on these pumps. Whenever I change anything in the duty cycle or current tables it seems to throw everything off. Any information or tips on tuning the fca or PID would be greatly appreciated.
    base2_2600_1us.hpt
    base1-2_3slight rough idle.hpl
    firepunk_coldstart.hpl

Tuner
    I dont know if you have fixed this yet, but the two thing I notice is the the rail pressure and fca current are different between the two tunes.. I would bump your idle rail up about 1000psi see if that helps. I know 90hp injectors arent that large.. But with bigger injectors sometimes they like more rail at idle

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NRunkle View Post
    I dont know if you have fixed this yet, but the two thing I notice is the the rail pressure and fca current are different between the two tunes.. I would bump your idle rail up about 1000psi see if that helps. I know 90hp injectors arent that large.. But with bigger injectors sometimes they like more rail at idle
    So I did at first think that for some reason the rail pressure way higher at idle in that other tune and actually tried increasing it by 1000psi at idle and it seemed to have helped and I thought it fixed it but it still did it. I think I just didnt get it to do it sometimes. Because its not always but like most of the time cold start. I did work on tuning the pump a little over the weekend and I think it did help my cold start some but hard to say. Im gonna try to increase the rail pressure at idle again and see if it helps. Its weird though because everything is the same how can it be such a different cold start.