Thread: Looking for the right solution

Potential Tuner

Looking for the right solution

Good Afternoon:

I am new to the forum. I race in the Camaro Mustang Challenge in NASA in a 2002 Firebird. I am looking to replace my Traqmate system which no longer works. I am looking for data logger and to be able to pull OBDII info from my LS as well as sync with my GoPro Hero 7 Black. I have an Iphone 12 Pro.

Will I be able to use this program and sync with the Hero 7 black?

Can you run this app without using the camera on your cell phone? (my preference would be to use the phone for laptimes only)

Will this program automatically start the GoPro?

Thanks for any help,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by wastntim View Post
    Good Afternoon:

I am new to the forum. I race in the Camaro Mustang Challenge in NASA in a 2002 Firebird. I am looking to replace my Traqmate system which no longer works. I am looking for data logger and to be able to pull OBDII info from my LS as well as sync with my GoPro Hero 7 Black. I have an Iphone 12 Pro.
    Yes, TrackAddict for iOS can pull standardized data parameters via OBDII using a variety of supported adapters (PLX Kiwi 3, OBDLink CX, our new HP Tuners MPVI2+, etc). That typically includes engine RPM, throttlebody position, temperatures, etc. Supported devices are listed here: https://racerender.com/TrackAddict/d...terop.html#OBD

On some GM vehicles, TrackAddict Pro may be able to get you a few more parameters like clutch and brake on/off, engine knock, etc., however that's an older bonus feature that is provided as-is. We're working on greatly expanding the enhanced data available for users of the MPVI2+ Pro Feature Set in the future, same as we already do for the Android version of the app.

Will I be able to use this program and sync with the Hero 7 black?
    Unfortunately, the remote camera control feature has become less useful with recent versions of iOS and Android, and also with recent cameras... It's still possible, but can be a bit spotty with the GoPro Hero 7 and require manual intervention to get the phone to use its network. This is due to both increasing WiFi restrictions for apps, and also changes in how GoPro operates their cameras and the apparent end of their desire to work with 3rd party app developers.

In any case, the extent of our camera control feature was just to serve as a remote control that starts and stops the camera's recordings to match your session data. That video would stay on the camera and not be accessible from within our app, but could be combined with your session data using our RaceRender desktop software.

It is possible to accomplish similar using the GoPro's voice control feature, as yelling "GoPro, Start Recording!" tends to work well even with a helmet on. That's what I do myself.

Can you run this app without using the camera on your cell phone? (my preference would be to use the phone for laptimes only)
    Yes. You can go to the camera preview screen, and tap on the camera icon (upper left) to change the phone's camera selection or turn it off

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the helpful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, TrackAddict for iOS can pull standardized data parameters via OBDII using a variety of supported adapters (PLX Kiwi 3, OBDLink CX, our new HP Tuners MPVI2+, etc). That typically includes engine RPM, throttlebody position, temperatures, etc. Supported devices are listed here: https://racerender.com/TrackAddict/d...terop.html#OBD

On some GM vehicles, TrackAddict Pro may be able to get you a few more parameters like clutch and brake on/off, engine knock, etc., however that's an older bonus feature that is provided as-is. We're working on greatly expanding the enhanced data available for users of the MPVI2+ Pro Feature Set in the future, same as we already do for the Android version of the app.

Unfortunately, the remote camera control feature has become less useful with recent versions of iOS and Android, and also with recent cameras... It's still possible, but can be a bit spotty with the GoPro Hero 7 and require manual intervention to get the phone to use its network. This is due to both increasing WiFi restrictions for apps, and also changes in how GoPro operates their cameras and the apparent end of their desire to work with 3rd party app developers.

In any case, the extent of our camera control feature was just to serve as a remote control that starts and stops the camera's recordings to match your session data. That video would stay on the camera and not be accessible from within our app, but could be combined with your session data using our RaceRender desktop software.

It is possible to accomplish similar using the GoPro's voice control feature, as yelling "GoPro, Start Recording!" tends to work well even with a helmet on. That's what I do myself.

Yes. You can go to the camera preview screen, and tap on the camera icon (upper left) to change the phone's camera selection or turn it off