Thread: 2004 545-RFE torque converter control?

2004 545-RFE torque converter control?

Has there been a release for the above transmission on NGC3? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubord View Post
    Has there been a release for the above transmission on NGC3? Thanks
    There is absolutely nothing, nada, zilch in HP Tuners for tuning the trans on an NGC3 controller. Just like other users here I can read the TCM but there are zero adjustments available.

Advanced Tuner
    There is a member on here named Jim P. that can work magic with the older RFE stuff. But he keeps his intellectual property to himself. For a fair fee he can tune it for you though.

He does not use HP Tuners as they do not have any of the data mapped out.

You may find this link interesting:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/sup...ormation.1097/
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Potential Tuner
    After reading another post on this forum from a member with a 2006 Grand Cherokee 5.7 with the NGC3 controller that swapped out a PCM from a 2008 with the NGC4 installed, I figured I'd give it a go and lo and behold it worked. The trick is getting the VIN programmed into the NGC4. I looked into PCM's on FeeBay and found a seller who would program VIN before shipping which was handy. They of course did not want to input a 2006 VIN into the 2007 PCM so I just told them that the 06 I have I bought from an insurance company as a theft recovery and the engine and trans were stolen out of it, I had to replace it with a 2007 Power Train and they happily obliged and programmed the 06 VIN into it. I have had zero problems, I was surprised expecting at least a few DTC's of random nature, the only catch is when I use my snap on scanner to read data I have to lie to the scan tool and tell it the Jeep is an 07. No using Automatic ID on this one. Otherwise it's worked great so far and then you have the ability to use HP to program the trans!!