Thread: Ls swap into project. What pcm to use

Ls swap into project. What pcm to use

I am about to swap in a aluminium 5.3 ( was told it came out of a 09 suburban) into my future project car. Snagged the engine up for free claims it had a d.o.d lifter fail. Correct me if i am wrong but i believe its a gen 4.

What are my options for a pcm and harness that i will need to snag up. Engine is without a intake and all sensors Plan to be pushing 25 psi and less.
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

Use what it came with. You will need the gas pedal that came with the harness and PCM

Advanced Tuner
    You are correct that it is a Gen 4 setup, and will have a 58x crank signal/reluctor wheel (Gen 3 had a 24x setup)

The easiest option hardware wise was mentioned above. It's very important on a DBW (drive by wire) setup that the Pedal/TAC Module/Throttle Body are all matching from the same vehicle. If they are not all available from the engine donor, just make sure you get all of the above from the same donor to save yourself headaches.

If you are wanting to stay with a Gen 4 system, you will be needing an E38 ECM (engine) and a T42 TCM (trans), if you will have an electronically controlled transmission.

What trans do you plan to run?

Do you plan to stay with a DBW throttle body?

You could always go with a Holley dominator or terminator system if you want it to be fully custom without a stock computer and drive by wire stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

plan is to use a built 4l60e. so because of the reluctor wheel being a 58x signal i have to stay with a gen4 computer and DBW? i just started to get use to gen 3 tuning.
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

Yes, that is correct.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

So what would be a better or easier build. Gm gen3 with a correct harness and pcm or gen 4

In my opinion, all the GEN 3 stuff is easier to calibrate and tune. No VVE or VVT and AFM stuff to delete and mess with.

Ty 5fdp. Thats the new plan