Thread: 2001 5.3l manual swap wont rev up

2001 5.3l manual swap wont rev up

I put a stock cable throttle 5.3 in a 66 ford f500, attached to the 4spd manual. I switched off vats, a bunch of the dtcs and changed the transmission setting to manual.

I do not have o2's hooked up yet or a vss, I have three dtcs. One for each o2 and not connected indicator lamp.

Tps is functioning according to scanner

Fuel pressure is steady at 60psi

It seems to idle ok, but it doesn't respond to the throttle right. It will rev up a small amount on initial hit then it's like the fuel cuts and it goes back to idle.

Any tips on where to look first?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure the ECM is for DBC? Look in Systems tab ,General, System Options under ETC.

I can check but the engine and ecm both came out of the same truck. Though I couldn't start the truck before yanking them. Can I switch it to cable drive easily? Or do I need a different ecm?

Thanks

Etc shows 0, I hooked up the o2's now. Not sure what else to check.

Would the ecm throw a fit since it doesn't see any of the transmission sensors? Could it be some form of torque management kicking in?

It will rev up to 1500 or so before completely cutting out and going back to idle. The throttle does nothing when pumped on it's way down to idle. Once it hits idle it can be revved again with the same effect.

Thanks

I'd say $5 you left the abuse mode turned on in the engine side TM tab. Set that to 8,000rpm and 0mph.

Also you must disable the transmission abuse mode and set every single transmission DTC to no error reported with the SES box unchecked.

Always post the tune when asking questions about it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Awesome, I think your right. My laptop is acting up so I am going to try flashing it again tomorrow.

Thanks!

5FDP was right, got rid of abuse mode and now it runs decent. I also left it as 4l60e and disabled the trans dtcs based off another thread I found. Not sure why selecting manual trans would cause problems?

I might see about getting a sticky made in the trans section.

Thanks for the help!