Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: AEM 30-0334-type direct OBDII wideband for older vehicles. Any takers ?

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry... I have been offline for the last few weeks. Just moved to a new state. I am, just now, getting my office put together.

Tuner in Training
    Sweet

Good luck getting your new digs organized!
    2002 Suburban 5.3L (BTR V2 Stage II Truck Cam Kit) | 4L60E (Corvette Servo)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    Sorry... I have been offline for the last few weeks. Just moved to a new state. I am, just now, getting my office put together.
    Sent you a PM

Potential Tuner
    Do you have this figured out? I chopped off my OBD2 port on my 30-0334, pinned it for analog and wired it in to the prolink. I added to my table and transformed it to the correct in and output. It works 1 out of 20 times if that. I'm probably going to buy something else and cut my losses. I've been trying this for about 2 hours each day and am yet to produce a log with the correct value. My gauge works fine but no datalogging. If there is no solution what WB is plug and play?

-0334 is supposed to talk on the vehicle's normal CANbus, not the Prolink. Wire it into the backside of the stock data link connector.

Advanced Tuner
    OK... I am "mostly" back online

blindsquirrel, The 0334 has a 0-5 analog output on the white and brown wire. Using an earlier harness you are supposed to be able to get a signal for the Red or Blue input on the Pro-Link cable. Or at least that is what it says in the instructions that came with the 0334. I know the numbers are different than the 03XX

Ah, missed the "pinned it for analog" part.

Potential Tuner
    I have an 02 silverado so it doesn't work through the OBD. I ordered a 30-0300 now and I hope that logs properly. If not I'll try serial. I bought the 30-0334 hoping it would save me headache's and get me started tuning easily. I've been told by many that Im extremely patient but this has wanting to give up before I get started. Any thing I should know about the 30-0300?

Tuner in Training
    how's the office coming along?

(don't hit me)

hah hah

Advanced Tuner
    I am, just now, digging my way out.

It's not just the moving and setting up. But, getting caught up on all the work that I fell behind on.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 03-3000 gauge set up with a serial adapter on a 2007 300c.
    I needed the 03-0334 gauge so it will work with HP Tuners. Can you reflash my 03-3000 so it will work?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah. you can IM me for the info.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 06 Mustang Gt and using a AEM 30-0300 with serial port to USB to my PC. I can no longer get it to work and honestly I'm pretty much done with trying. I've been successful on many occasions but It's been frustrating to say the least. I'm to the point of going with the PRO feature set but I'm somewhat hesitant as I see some complain it's still hit and miss in regard to reliability (not sure their circumstances though). Any timeline for Ford support? At the current fuel costs I've probably already spent more than the Pro features just running the engine long enough to get the WB to read trying to get it to log. I guess that's not real but just letting out a lil frustration there.

Advanced Tuner
    I seem to have lost contact with my testers

Tuner in Training
    perhaps they are in the middle of a move themselves?

i hope they report back soon

Tuner in Training
    I have the AEM 30-0334 "plug and play" kit with an MPVI2+, which works great on canbus vehicles. My problem is I am trying to wire the extra cable that comes with the AEM kit through the Prolink+ cable and I cannot get it to read right in the scanner. Has anyone done this successfully?

Advanced Tuner
    Are you trying to use the analog 0-5v lines ?

Tuner in Training
    Are you trying to use the analog 0-5v lines ?
    Yes, I am using the blue analog 2. It shows up in the scanner as volts or mV but I don't have the option to change the units to AFR or Lambda.

You have to right click on the input in the channel list and select transform.
    Search the forum for transform for a better understanding of its function and what to do.