Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: AEM 30-0334-type direct OBDII wideband for older vehicles. Any takers ?

Tuner in Training
    Yea I understand how to use the transform function. I think my wiring is wrong.

I posted the wiring from the Prolink because I have not seen one from the Prolink+ I am assuming they are the same.

The AEM document is confusing, I am not sure why we are unpinning and repinning but according to this, it looks like Analog 1/2, Red or Blue from the Prolink+ should be on terminal 9 and Black GND from the Prolink+ should be on terminal 10?

Anyone else using this setup?

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Interested in this as well! Looking for these to be available soon

Tuner in Training
    The 30-0334 on dodge non CAN, is compatible to scan direct from obs port,? I have a 30-0300 using serial data, but i whant direct conection because my win 11 dont like serial port

Advanced Tuner
    The 30-0334 is CAN-Only. My new device is CAN & J1850. But, I have lost track of my testers

So, now, I have to wait for the pre-production parts to come in, before I can send out some more test units. This will work on pre-CAN Dodge/Chrysler. But, it will take a bit of work; because, I don't have an ECU simulator for Dodge. ( I have GM and Ford ECU simulators ) So, I have to, kinda "wing it" for the MOPAR crowd.

I expect the new PCBs just after the 1st of the year.

Tuner in Training
    Nice news, i wait for that,

Quote Originally Posted by Allcagedup View Post
    Yea I understand how to use the transform function. I think my wiring is wrong.

I posted the wiring from the Prolink because I have not seen one from the Prolink+ I am assuming they are the same.

The AEM document is confusing, I am not sure why we are unpinning and repinning but according to this, it looks like Analog 1/2, Red or Blue from the Prolink+ should be on terminal 9 and Black GND from the Prolink+ should be on terminal 10?

Anyone else using this setup?

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG
    I use this currently so I can do both CAN and non can easily.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    The 30-0334 is CAN-Only. My new device is CAN & J1850. But, I have lost track of my testers

So, now, I have to wait for the pre-production parts to come in, before I can send out some more test units. This will work on pre-CAN Dodge/Chrysler. But, it will take a bit of work; because, I don't have an ECU simulator for Dodge. ( I have GM and Ford ECU simulators ) So, I have to, kinda "wing it" for the MOPAR crowd.

I expect the new PCBs just after the 1st of the year.
    Hey Mike!

I am looking to buy a new AEM wideband to start tuning my project truck. It is a 2005 Silverado with a 2005 6.0 that replaced the stock 5.3 @ 275,xxx miles.

Seeing that the ECM is not CAN based in this application. Which AEM should I buy? I know you are still working on a kit, but unfortunately, I need something fairly soon; in the next month.

Tons of research brought me here.

Thanks for your help!
    2005 Silverado 2wd Crue Cab, Daily Driver
    2005 370" LQ4, BTR Truck Torque Cam, 202/202, .511/.511 111
    LS6 Springs, LS7 Lifters, Trunnion upgrade
    Speed Engineering HAI, Stock exhaust with 3" I/O Flowmaster
    New 4L65E

2005 Cadillac CTSV TT, Too much to list.....lol

Advanced Tuner
    With all the COVID nonsense ( including my production guy having COVID ), I JUST NOW got the A3 rev PCBs in.
    I should have a few test units available this week.

Tuner in Training
    let me know, im very intrested

Tuner in Training
    I'm in a "06" mustang gt and looking for more inputs or at least a more reliable wb input. I'd buy a prototype for testing if it would help.

Hey Mike, I have a 30-0334 that I bought for my son's 2000 Corvette. I don't know what all your looking for in testers but I would be willing to help if you let me know what all you would need from me.
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter

Tuner in Training
    With all the COVID nonsense ( including my production guy having COVID ), I JUST NOW got the A3 rev PCBs in.
    I should have a few test units available this week.
    I'll take one as I am about to order the wideband for my Silverado.
    2005 Silverado 2wd Crue Cab, Daily Driver
    2005 370" LQ4, BTR Truck Torque Cam, 202/202, .511/.511 111
    LS6 Springs, LS7 Lifters, Trunnion upgrade
    Speed Engineering HAI, Stock exhaust with 3" I/O Flowmaster
    New 4L65E

2005 Cadillac CTSV TT, Too much to list.....lol

Senior Tuner
    I would think he is looking for experienced and busy professional tuners to be able to test this in all configurations.

Advanced Tuner
    I should be ready to send out a new batch of test units, early next week.

Advanced Tuner
    OK. I am back online

I tested out the new prototypes. They look good so far. I am ready to take on a few new testers. Starting with GM 1996-2006. Then Ford.

Chrysler is going to be a bit more complicated. I have ECU simulators for GM and Ford. So, the development/testing is good to go. But, I have not found a simulator for the Chrysler flavor of J1850/VPW. I may need to resort to grabbing an old Chrysler PCM off of ebay. And, trying to bring it to life, on the bench.

Since my mailbox here tends to overflow, I can be contacted at [email protected]

I would prefer testers who can test multiple applications. But, for the 1st couple of units, I just need people who will put some miles on these units, and keep the firmware updated / make error reports ( GM, initially ).

20230220_190149.jpg

Yes.. those are 3D printed housings

Meanwhile, I can use a few testers for another toy. Specifically for anyone using water/meth injection. These are, pretty much, good to go.

20230108_023231.jpg
    20230125_224348.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTqHXeWDT50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isVy_k_HT68

Advanced Tuner
    Which Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth ( and Jeep ? ) applications are people interested in adding support for?
    I am going to have to grab a couple of PCMs off of EBAY and Frankenstein them back to life on the test bench, to get these going. So, I need to know which ones to grab.

Advanced Tuner

Beta prototype units are ready !

OK. These are as ready as they are going to get. Everything is working as designed, on the test bench.

I am looking for the 1st 3 testers. Ideal candidate is someone who:

• is using the AEM 30-0300 or 30-0310 widebands.
    • has at least one GM vehicle ( 1996-2006 ) non CAN.
    • will put some significant logging miles/time on the units.
    • is familiar with HPTuners VCMScanner setup.
    • can report back with errors/issues, etc.
    • can download and install update files from the web.
    • in a perfect wold, has access to non-CAN Ford and Chrysler vehicles.
    • and, eventually CAN based vehicles.

obd2brick-preprod.jpg

Tuner in Training
    How soon can I get one of these shipped to Texas?

Advanced Tuner
    I can probably send units out on Monday.

It's all about the chips... If I can get the parts, I should be able to get units in the field by the end of Q1. It's difficult to commit $$ to a design, knowing that the chosen parts could dry up, at any moment. I already had to go with my 4th choice for a CPU. It's not a bad CPU. But the cost is higher. And, it is, physically, larger. So, I ended up needing to drop support for the ISO9141-2 interface, to get everything to fit.
    Apologies I've been out of the loop on here for the most part lately

What is the new device you've put together?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock