Thread: 6.0 powerstroke big injectors and turbo

Potential Tuner

6.0 powerstroke big injectors and turbo

Hey guys new to the forum, i was wondering what would be the first to address as far as tuning after installing 175cc/80% nozzle injectors and a kc stage 2 turbo.

do you take fuel away now that the injectors are bigger or is it the oppisite? sorry if this is dumb. but everyone has there first time learning and this is mine. ive tuned alot of trucks that were stock but this is the first time tuning a truck to match the bolt ons.

better yet if someone had a tune already done up they could attach ill grab it and see what they did.

thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Powerstroke View Post
    Hey guys new to the forum, i was wondering what would be the first to address as far as tuning after installing 175cc/80% nozzle injectors and a kc stage 2 turbo.

do you take fuel away now that the injectors are bigger or is it the oppisite? sorry if this is dumb. but everyone has there first time learning and this is mine. ive tuned alot of trucks that were stock but this is the first time tuning a truck to match the bolt ons.

better yet if someone had a tune already done up they could attach ill grab it and see what they did.

thank you so much.
    Ask for injector data from the injector manufacturer. Where do these new injectors flow X% over a stock injector? Most %over injectors only flow that specified percent in a specific area and that's the area you need to know in order to make the appropriate changes to maintain accurate fueling. Your injector PW map will be where you make changes as that map determines actual fuel flow vs PW and pressure.