Thread: Ran over my MPVI2 today.

Tuner in Training

Ran over my MPVI2 today.

A combination of my own stupidity and getting help from my 7yo boy....
    It got sat on the fender instead of put away, and when we headed out for lunch it got deposited in the road in front of a funeral procession. That's relevent because it was ran over by several cars in a row before I ran out in the road to retrieve it.

it looked pretty flat, but when I took the case off it seemed to be mostly in tact aside from a deformed connector and pin header for the button panel. I've just performed a bench read with it and it appears to work fine.

Is there any chance I could get a new case/housing?
    Last edited by porter84; 09-09-2021 at 08:57 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by porter84 View Post
    A combination of my own stupidity and getting help from my 7yo boy....
    It got sat on the fender instead of put away, and when we headed out for lunch it got deposited in the road in front of a funeral procession. That's relevent because it was ran over by several cars in a row before I ran out in the road to retrieve it.

it looked pretty flat, but when I took the case off it seemed to be mostly in tact aside from a deformed connector and pin header for the button panel. I've just performed a bend read with it and it appears to work fine.

Is there any chance I could get a new case/housing?
    Unfortunately we do not offer/sell the case/housing, if you contact support directly we can offer you a replacement device where we swap over the licenses to a new MPVI2 for you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"