Thread: MPVI2+ Standalone Logging

MPVI2+ Standalone Logging

I just purchased the pro upgrade for my new MPVI2+ and would like to use it for standalone logging. However, after doing a resync and going to the MPVI2 Data Logging menu within VCM Scanner it just sits on "Searching for MPVI2 interface." It seems the USB connection works because I can use the scanner tethered through the same (included) USB cable. Am I missing something, or is this feature not supported yet on the new "+" interfaces?

Yes Ive used Standalone on 2 different Vehicles so far, but also had a hard time to get the Scanner to Detect my MPVI2+

But Pretty sure Bluetooth has an issue And the Scanner wont Connect to that ATM, Even tho it Pairs to the Laptop NP

Which version of the VCM suite are you running?

Reinstalling the latest Beta let me configure it. Thank you.

Tuner
    Is there a how-to somewhere for loading which channels it logs?
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Near the bottom of page four of the PDF it lets you know that by using 'write channels' it sends your current config to the interface: https://www.hptuners.com/pub/Standal...%20v3.2.11.pdf

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by unlimitedrubicon View Post
    Near the bottom of page four of the PDF it lets you know that by using 'write channels' it sends your current config to the interface: https://www.hptuners.com/pub/Standal...%20v3.2.11.pdf
    Thank you.
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Tuner in Training
    I had the "Searching for MPVI2 interface." and got stand alone working with the Beta suite.

Need finalize my configuration but working well.

Tuner in Training
    Prolink is still not working in Standalone.

Except from email 02/09/2022

For the pro link+ channels disappearing, the engineers are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix. Once the engineers find a resolution we will reach out on this ticket.

I still run into the issue of the MPVI2 standalone occasionally stop recording over the past year and just happened today with the latest firmware/software. Support isn't much of a help as they just want to see the logs/info file which doesn't say much. Out of 10 times, maybe this will happen 1 or 2 times. Just be aware if you're doing critical datalogging. It's not a fully baked product.

Tuner in Training
    At least with the MPVI2+ and the Prolink+ they currently have the two Analog channels working in Standalone with firmware 5.1.17

The CAN channel is still vanishing in stand alone

so Half Fixed!!

Tuner
    Is it worth the time and money to upgrade to 2+??