Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E90 ECM Vehicle Anti-Theft System relearn

Advanced Tuner
    I understand the frustration. But look on the bright side, at least you can tune your truck. At one point it was looking like THAT wasn't ever going to be possible.

True that you do tuning by chance?

Just a update I finally found a gm mdi2 tool (paid $40)and did a immobilizer relearn. But got a message from gm is this anything to be worried about? Won?t let me post picture but it said something about info for warranty claim what was that all about? It was at the end of the relearn as I was shutting the tool down. The tool was connected to gm?s portal so is that like a claim with gm or something they claim? Sorry for questions but I got it done just worried about warranty now lol.
    Last edited by 15ltz6.2; 10-23-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep, that message means you've been caught red handed and your warranty is toast.

Just kidding. That message is for dealership technicians performing warranty work with SPS2 to get reimbursed from GM.

Glad to hear you were able to get through the immobilizer learn!

Had me nervous there tunerpro lol funny one what you said was my fear when I first read that lol. Can you update the tcm with this too? Or no? I know it’s off subject but just curious if there was tcm updates if it could be done with this while I have it. My goal was to add sport mode touring and off road modes to the custom 6.2 I have but I dunno if it can be done? I’ve added the selector switch and high country cluster but nothing when I turn it to the right which should change the modes.
    Last edited by 15ltz6.2; 10-24-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You can update any ECU in your vehicle... with the current flash used in YOUR vehicle. Unfortunately, since you added features that weren't there when they built your truck, SPS2 isn't going to be of much help. Not 100% sure on the truck but at least on the C7 Corvette and the high end Cadillacs, the drive mode selector switch is wired up to the ECM. If that's the case, you would need to somehow load in an ECM flash from another truck that had the mode selector feature AND the same engine / transmission as your truck does. Does it even exist?

On top of that, if that switch is wired to a different ECU (if it's not the ECM, it's probably the body control module), you would need to somehow update the software in that ECU to recognize the presence of the switch.

Yea any LT base truck or any model in gm’s trucks above a custom model has the selector for the modes. There were many 6.2 10 speeds in the trucks above the custom with the mode selector.So thinking I would need there os atleast if this is even possible. Can’t find any files in the repository to compare though sadly. Would the mdi2 update my tcm with the hptuners e90 in there? It’s says in there description no other tools will work. Or will the mdi2 connect to the tcm alone and update it if there’s a update available? Thanks
    Last edited by 15ltz6.2; 10-24-2021 at 02:25 PM.