Thread: 2000 p01 line pressure

2000 p01 line pressure

So I?ve got a issue with the tcc locking and unlocking repeatedly around 55 when trans is hot. It appears to be commanded on the whole time. It don?t do it above 60-65. It?s got an ac delco reman valve body. Im going to pull it and install the sonnax tcc reg. Im temped to turn the force motor screw a quarter turn while there so my question is, should this be done in the tune if wanted instead?

Senior Tuner
    Can you command it to lock up with the scanner and have it actually stay locked up?

Advanced Tuner
    What is your TCC Duty Cycle set to?

Trans > Torque Converter > General
    ECM 15230 "Maximum" - Try setting to 100 across the board
    ECM 15231 "Minimum" - Try setting to 90 across the board (this will probably be a very low number like 7 or 10)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Can you command it to lock up with the scanner and have it actually stay locked up?
    I am going to try that to be certain today. I have a pressure gauge on it as well. Just got back on it this weekend.

I think minimum is 99%.

Yes sir. When I command it “off” it locks and stays locked. So something is causing it to do this in the controls?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mood1977 View Post
    Yes sir. When I command it “off” it locks and stays locked. So something is causing it to do this in the controls?
    That's just backwards from what it should be. What happens when you command it "on"?

That's just backwards from what it should be. What happens when you command it "on"?
    I know. It turns off when commanded on.

Senior Tuner
    When it turns off, does the rpm increase significantly?

When it turns off, does the rpm increase significantly?
    Maybe 200 rpm. I’m looking at the controls and special functions. There is TCC PWM LOCK/Unlock on or off,
    TCC Solenoid on or off
    I’ve probably been going about it wrong. I’ve been using the first one.

Ok. I’m suspecting misfires are being detected causing tcc to unlock. Will a Data log of tcc misfires show this? When this happens, how do I go about adjusting these tables?

Senior Tuner
    Ok. I’m suspecting misfires are being detected causing tcc to unlock. Will a Data log of tcc misfires show this? When this happens, how do I go about adjusting these tables?
    Are you getting a P0300 DTC? If so, that will cause the converter to stay unlocked.

No dtc. When I manually turn it on with scanner it stays on. When it locks up on its own, it locks and unlocks repeatedly. I’ll log it tomorrow. I keep reading about misfires or false misfires causing this. Im hoping it is that simple.

Senior Tuner
    No dtc. When I manually turn it on with scanner it stays on. When it locks up on its own, it locks and unlocks repeatedly. I’ll log it tomorrow. I keep reading about misfires or false misfires causing this. Im hoping it is that simple.
    Hi David,
    I just sent you an email.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Tuner in Training
    Have you solved this issue yet I'm having the same problem