Thread: Windows 7

Potential Tuner

Windows 7

I have an editor on my old laptop but its running windows 7. i am lookimg to tune my 2007 5.7 charger to delete the mds. will the winjdows 7 program still work or do i need to upgrade? I AM A NEW TUNER.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    While I personally would recommend updating to windows 10 if at all possible(its what we run on all of our test pc's) you should be able to use windows 7 without issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    thank you bill. so do i have to have a company write a tune or will the vcm editor allwow me to go in and shut down the mds?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddmike454 View Post
    thank you bill. so do i have to have a company write a tune or will the vcm editor allwow me to go in and shut down the mds?
    If you have your laptop, an MPVI-2 and the VCM Suite you can make all of the necessary changes to disable the MDS. With that being said if you do not have any experience with tuning I highly recommend paying a reputable tuner to write the tune for you. It's really easy to make a mistake so always save a backup copy of the stock tune file.

There are also multiple videos on YouTube about how to disable MDS with HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    I thin the windows will work perfectly but if there is any problem you should update the windows.

Potential Tuner
    I personally use a Toughbook with windows 7 all of the time for Scanner and Editor with no issues.