Thread: About to LS swap need advice, waiting on tuner module still

About to LS swap need advice, waiting on tuner module still

I am about to swap a LM7 from a 01 suburban into my 97 k1500. ill be using my 4l60e from the 97. I have the ecm from the burban along with complete wiring harness but purchased a stand alone harness just for ease of install. i ordered a tsp stage 4 low lift cam , a high volume oil pump, timing chain slider, and oil pump pickup bracket also. basically can i flash a stock 2001 suburban file and then modify for cam? more so will a trans tune from a 01 4l60e work with the 97 4l60e? i have read about the segment swap stuff also, im still reading what is involved with that, but basically i see its compare the files then copy/paste over. since i dont have my module yet so im not surethe specifics yet. Also what settings would i be modifying to make it run properly with the cam? i know old skool, base timing, then setup the dizzy for how you want your curve. one last question, what size injectors would be good for my setup? ive read the factory ones come up short, found some oem ac delco 80lb ones for a great price but i think thats a bit too much unless i am able to dial back the duty cycle or something like that? total noob to tuning but very computer literate and am a certified mechanic with alot of experience with our snap on zues at the shop.

That was a terrible camshaft choice for a stock 4L60e and torque converter. Cancel that order and get something smaller that will actually work in a truck like yours.

Get OEM flex fuel injectors that are 33lb/hr or Vortec 8.1 injectors that are 31lb/hr both would be more than enough for a camshaft swap like you want. All the injector data is available and easy to copy over.

LS computers use narrowband sensors and you'll need to buy a wideband oxygen sensor to help you tune the MAF and VE tables for fueling.

It's hard to list everything you need to do for a swap like this. This ain't no carb and dizzy that's for sure. The airflow model is your biggest concern, making sure that it has proper fueling all over the rev range. Idle airflow, idle timing, Mass airflow curve, VE table and the overall timing tables will all need adjustments based on the needs of the engine.

Off hand I don't know if the 1997 transmission will talk with the computer. I don't know what electronics changed when the model switch over came in 1999.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Should have been a bit more clear, sorry! Truck is on 35s, have 4:88.1 gears sitting in bench about to go In gmt800 axle and ifs and that will be out under the 97 also. This is the low lift truck stage 3 or 4 cam, .550 lift , stage 3 is good with stock converter (so says their website atleast), stage 4 says it wants 3k stall. I'm way over gearing bc I may end up on 37s soon. It'll be on 9" of lift soon ( only 5" rite now). The 97 trans is the newest if the 1 piece ones with pwm and same plug as the 2 piece 4l60e that's currently behind the 5.3 in the Burban. Original plan was to put motor and trans from Burban into the 97,but a buddy needs a trans and gave me an offer I couldn't refuse with me installing it too. My current trans in the 97 came out if a 98 Burban and has been rebuilt with upgraded parts. I didn't do it but a buddy of mine did and it's held strong to abuse with 35s and a HEAVY skinny peddle for past 2 years. I think I'll be looking for a th400 or investing in a 4l80e maybe, this just needs to work for a while till funds r replenished.
    What cam would you suggest if the stage 3 or 4 doesn't fit my needs after I have clarified a bit? I don't mean to come off cocky or arrogant, I'm just used to knowing the answers and not being where I am now! I appreciate the advise and expertise in all of this.

Also I did order a wideband already forgot to list it, my thoughts are to weld a bung in the center of my x pipe so I get a combined monitor for both banks, I can't think of a better place to place it, open to ideas tho.