Thread: FPCM TOONING Question

Tuner

FPCM TOONING Question

When calibrating the FPCM for different fuel pumps, do you change the injector flow rate data in the fuel pump control module too? In the FPCM, it only goes to 63 lb hr max flow rate and the ECU is 127 lb hr (2014 CTS-V E67). Looking at a factory file, i noticed that the injector data is slightly different between the FPCM and ECU. How would you go about scaling the data for ID1300s? Is it really that crucial to change the injector flow rate data? Any tips on properly calibrating the FPCM? Thanks in advance.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Advanced Tuner
    I have the same question in regards to the injector data within the FSCM/FPCM, though I only brought mine up to the max allowed, and am using smaller injectors than you have.

Log the short term and long term fuel pump trims, fuel pump duty cycle, desired and actual fuel pressure, control module voltage, and overall fuel flow rate (lb/hr), and then you can make adjustments to the Openloop DC chart accordingly. I have found that the LT pump trims seem to work as an overall change across the board, meaning they do not seem to be broken out into "cells" like your fuel trim cells, so it seems to work better if you add ST and LT pump trims to get the adjustment % that is needed. For example, if most of your log is in one flow area, and it is having to add to the pump trims in that area, when you operate in a different flow area the LT trims will carry into that. If the pump didn't need that extra amount of duty cycle in the different flow area, it will be removing pump duty cycle using the ST pump trims. LT pump trims take a while to change.

There also is no way to clear the trims from the FSCM with HPTuners, you would need a GM scan tool to do so. Either clear them first, or be mindful of the time it takes for LT trims to adjust, before you make changes and possibly overshoot.

There is also a Min DC chart based on voltage, which is why I mentioned above to log that as well. It acts as a floor for the duty cycle at a given voltage and fuel pressure.

What pump do you have installed?

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply, i appreciate it. I installed the Deatschwerks DW300-C 800 HP CTS-V twin pump kit.
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black