Thread: Gen V L86/8L90E swap no start

Tuner in Training

Gen V L86/8L90E swap no start

Having no luck in getting my Gen V L86/8L90E swap to start DOD is removed, comp cam installed with regular lifters, VVT is locked out, heads are CNC'd. Harness done by me, 2016 E92 with 6.2 Camaro OS, truck pedal.

Truck starts and stalls. VATS has been turned off in OS and starter checks. high side fuel pressure is about 2100psi on the hptuners scanner. everything looks like its reading, only codes at the moment are for cooling fan which isnt wired yet, and check engine bulb which isnt wired yet either. There were codes for the DOD stuff that has been removed, i turned the codes off along with all the evap codes, performance switch codes, fuel sending unit, ac clutch, and abs/bcm/fpcm loss of communication codes. I am not using factory FPCM, using VaporWorx controller instead. This has me scratching my head for the past few days. I tried logging all the flags i could find in the scanner, there is nothing commanding shutdown. It just fires and turns off, no sputter. Ignition power stays on during cranking.

Any suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    can we get your current tune/logs of this happening?

Tuner in Training
    will do once i get home.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    attaching a read out and a log.

felix 71 blazer test0.hpt

felix 71 blazer log start and stall 08-25-21.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Well, making progress. Took the computer from my daily, 2015 L83 truck, turned vats off and the truck started right up. now the only difference i see, there were two entries under OS for VATS in the 2015 truck, where the 2016 camaro only had one..

Quote Originally Posted by 12sec ss View Post
    Well, making progress. Took the computer from my daily, 2015 L83 truck, turned vats off and the truck started right up. now the only difference i see, there were two entries under OS for VATS in the 2015 truck, where the 2016 camaro only had one..

Another difference is that the 2015 L83 E92 ECM is programmed for use with a Truck APP (accelerator pedal) - which is what you are using.

Tuner in Training
    That is true, but I'm not getting any pedal codes, and with the engine off key on, the pedal is showing full movement on the scanner, and the throttle body is moving.

Tuner in Training
    I suppose I'll just chalk it up to VATS not being able to be completely removed from a 2016OS, and have my E92 TIS'ed to a 2015 Escalade?