Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: torque convertor apply/release

Advanced Tuner
    those numbers for the clutches are from the clutch torque factor in the shift pressure part of the transmission tune side. i wasnt sure if the person was telling me to raise these or the ones in the fill pressure 1 in the fill phase. i raised the CTF ones and saw a better shift. ill be pushing the fill phase fill pressure 1 up and see what it do. i have 3 chrysler 300c when im finished learning some on this build, we want to do a big block on the awd 300 and go all out. but i need to learn more and i feel with the support ive recieved from you guys here, we will have that awd smoking some tires soon.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    those numbers for the clutches are from the clutch torque factor in the shift pressure part of the transmission tune side. i wasnt sure if the person was telling me to raise these or the ones in the fill pressure 1 in the fill phase. i raised the CTF ones and saw a better shift. ill be pushing the fill phase fill pressure 1 up and see what it do. i have 3 chrysler 300c when im finished learning some on this build, we want to do a big block on the awd 300 and go all out. but i need to learn more and i feel with the support ive recieved from you guys here, we will have that awd smoking some tires soon.
    if you looking for firmer shift just add 2 or 3 psi phase fill pressure table 1 and 3 thats all . if you add more it will be hard to you to drive slow speeds , and ofc it will be better if you upgraded your valve body with blue tops as i did

Advanced Tuner
    thanks for the info. i only went up 4lbs so far and it feels great! the valve body with blue tops? is it a regular valve body with stronger soleniods? i plan on doing the tranny after we are finished tuning the motor right and get this tranny shifting on point and build the tranny. my rear gears are 2:82 dead af! i hear i would have to get a srt rear to be able to rub 3:55 or 3:73? was wondering if i could machine the 2:82 rear to fit the pinion and carrier??
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    thanks for the info. i only went up 4lbs so far and it feels great! the valve body with blue tops? is it a regular valve body with stronger soleniods? i plan on doing the tranny after we are finished tuning the motor right and get this tranny shifting on point and build the tranny. my rear gears are 2:82 dead af! i hear i would have to get a srt rear to be able to rub 3:55 or 3:73? was wondering if i could machine the 2:82 rear to fit the pinion and carrier??
    ya you can upgrade your own valve body with amg blue tops its ez and you will feel it , also get a full lsd rear gear with axels and all things , for me as i use that car only weekend i use mancini 3.92 lsd getrag rear gear