Thread: Gen2 S550 Will Not Fire Up - Locked Cams

Potential Tuner

Gen2 S550 Will Not Fire Up - Locked Cams

2016 Coyote, Procharger, Built Motor, Locked VCT, Street Blower Cams, CMCV Locked, Return Fuel, ID1700

Car was running great but then changed the air-to-air and charge piping, added the cams and locked out the VCT.
    Now the car will not start. It will light off a few times and then die. Nothing in the sources or modes is letting me know what's going on.
    Logging inj pulsewidth is showing that it will randomly drop out, and I cannot figure out why.
    I have thrown all sorts of multipliers to the MAF table, cranking fuel, and I cannot get it to stay running more than about one second.
    Sometimes the log shows huge wheel tq errors, sometimes zero. Sometimes the manifold vacuum will work correctly, sometimes it's locked at .2
    The load is all over the place, and ignition timing will sometimes be at commanded startup timing, and sometimes much lower. Also can't figure out why.

There is still a lot of work to do in the tune with torque and inverse tables, timing, and MAF... but the car won't run to even begin that process.
    This is scary, because it's a new motor, and it hasn't run long enough to make oil pressure.
    Tune and two logs attached. If anyone can give me any sort of direction I would appreciate it very much and owe you many beers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Since you did cam work, are they timed right? Gen 2 procedure? Issue with cams? How about other mechanical mishaps, something loose, unplugged, etc.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

try load old tune and see if it run
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Yes, I tried the original tune and no luck. Cam timing I cannot verify, but looking through the engine bay I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary in terms of things loose or unplugged.

Advanced Tuner
    Send me a message, if the tunes the problem, we'll be able to get it started. There will just be too much back and forth for the thread.

Potential Tuner
    PM Sent